Chapter 6

Nico's POV

Okay maybe what I asked Avery last night was inappropriate. Very Inappropriate. But does she have to avoid me all morning? Well maybe she hasa reason. But I wanted to talk to her and apologize for what I said but how can I do that if she's avoiding me? It's like I'm only a few feet away and she would know I was coming and then avoid me... She's been spending the whole morning with Mackenzie... and I kind of miss the days when I'm the one she's been spending the morning with. I was done eating lunch and before I left, I looked at the Aphrodite table and no sign of Avery nor Mackenzie. But at least I was happy for Lexi. She was making new friends. I saw her talking to Piper, Mitchell and Lacey. She then turned to me and smiled. I smiled too. She whispered something to Piper and Piper nodded. Lexi got up from her seat and ran to me.

"Hey, why'd you left?" I asked

"Oh this won't take a minute..." she said and turned to Piper and nodded and then turned to me " I was wondering if you would like to have a picnic at the beach with me?" she asked with her soft voice. Ah man she looks so perfect. I guess Aphrodite's Blessing is still going. I couldn't just say no. So I agreed.

"Okay... Later 5 pm...Okay?" she asked with her eyes full of excitement.

"Yeah" I replied and nodded. She gave me a hug before she went to sit with her siblings.

I was done horseback riding with the Demeter kids and I was heading to the Climbing Wall When I passed by the cabins, I saw Avery outside the Athena cabin. What is she doing there? Well, she's alone no Mackenzie to pull her out of my away so this was my chance. I started walking to her direction. Luckily, she didn't notice me this time. Annabeth came out of the cabin and gave her something... A book I think? After Annabeth gave her the book, Annabeth ran to the direction to where the Arena is. Oh yeah, Percy said something about practicing sword fighting with Annabeth later today. The two waved goodbye to each other and Avery was left alone outside the Athena cabin. She clutched her book so tight to her chest. I guess she notice me walking towards her cause she started walking to her cabin really fast. I ran and grabbed her arm. She stopped but didn't turn to me.

"Look, Avery what I said last night. Very Inappropiate. And I want to say I'm sorry" I apologized.

She looks at me with those blue eyes. She was still hugging her book close to her chest and I still find that cute.

"It's Okay." she said "Although to make it clear... I didn't have a visit from Mother Nature" she laughed slightly and I laughed too. Wow. It's the first time I heard that laugh since yesterday and I missed it. I missed hearing it so much. I was so soft and soothing at the same time. She smiled at me and I felt something ticklish in my stomach.

"Well, I better go" she said and backed a few inches.

"No, wait!" I said stopping her and she did stopped. "I want you to come in my cabin" I invited her.

We both entered my cabin. I walked towards my drawer and put my sword above it. I turned to Avery who was still clutching her book, hugging it tight to her chest standing a few inches from my door and scanning my cabin. I was confused because she usually sits down at my bed or lay down, nag about how messy my cabin is and brag about how their cabin is so neat, but this time she didn't it was like she's not used to be in here. I sat on my bed and looked at her.

"What's wrong?" I asked her and she seems to turn her attention to me.

"What?" she asked

"Well, usually when you're here you would sit down at my bed or lay down, nag about how messy my cabin is and brag about how your cabin is so neat and all" I explained