Chapter 13

Eli's POV

     We pulled up at my parents house. It was an average size mansion. Nothing to fancy. There was multiple cars parked in the parking lot, so I guess my other family members were there already.

    Although my parents weren't attending dinner, we had it at there house. Just like every other year. I got out the car and opened the door for Spencer, I was trying to be a gentleman.

    Once everybody was out of the car, Myth took awhile as usual, we walked into the house. We were immediately greeted by my aunt Martha.

    "Hey! I haven't seen you guys since last year. Yall look so grown up now. Eli your so handsome, I mean look at those muscles. Myth you've really gotta lay off that pizza. Your so big, it looks like your pregnant. Who are these people you've got with yall?" Myth looked angry. I wanted to laugh, but it was thanksgiving. I shouldn't laugh.

    "First of all. I'm not fat, I'm just thick. I am not overweight either, I just look like it. My stomach doesn't poke out, now does it? No I didnt think so", Myth said. I thought she was going to let it go and introduce them, but I guess I've gotta do it.

   "Anyways. This is Seth, my boyfriend. The girl on the other side of Myth is Spencer, Seth's older sister."

   "Eli, I didn't know you were into 27 year olds. He is handsome too." I thought she was going to say boys, but no she said 27 year olds.

     "Well I'm not 27. I'm actually 17. Thank you though," Seth said looking at the ground.

    "Well um let's go. You guys need to meet our other family members," I quickly said. Aunt Martha was looking at him confused. I knew we had to leave before she said anything.

   We all walked off. They both meet Uncle West, Grandma Beth, Grandpa Mike, Aunts Paisley and Layla, and cousins Tyler, Mark, Payton, Delilah, and Riley. They were alot more people, but those are the only important ones.

   We all heard the front door slam and quickly turned. To all of our surpise, it was my parents. I knew something disastrous was going to happen. It was bound to.

    As soon as they took 2 steps in, their chefs yelled that dinner was ready. Well as they said, dinner was served. We all quickly walked to the dinning room.

     Inside was a huge glass table with a brown, orange, and red table cloth. There was about 20 chairs around it. It was probably multiple tables put together. On the table was see through vases with red roses inside of them.

     The food looked the most beautiful though. Right in the middle was a turkey and on either side was a ham. There was mac and cheese, greens, corn, cornbread, mashed potatoes, yams, green beans, black beans, peas and carrots, potato salad, dinner salad, and bread also. I couldn't wait to eat.

   We all sat down. I sat next to Tyler, next to me was Seth, next to him was Spencer, next to her was Myth, and next to her was Aunt Martha. Our parents sat across from us. They gave me a death stare. I guess they were still mad that I said I was going to masturbate, even though I didn't.

    We all grabbed hands as usual and bowed our heads. Grandpa Mike started saying prayer. After, we lifted out heads and said amen. Before anybody could eat, we had to say what we were thankful for.

  As always, Aunt Martha started us off. It went around the table until it got to me.

   "Well I'm not thankful for anything. Seth your turn," I said playfully. They all looked at me. I don't think they believed me. "Okay fine. I'm thankful for this delious dinner I'm about to eat. Seth your turn," They all looked at me, "I'm also thankful for the wonder family I have, the friends I have made, all of the beautiful things I have been blessed with, of course Myth, but most of all my wonderful boyfriend, Seth." I turned towards him and grabbed his hand and kissed it.