"Do you think he knows?" I asked fearfully, holding Evelyn closely.

"Honestly, I think he's clueless. he hasn't been home in over a year and when he did visit you were in the hospital with complications from little Evie." Mary Kate was right, I had a complicated pregnancy with Evelyn, to the point were I thought neither of us would survive. I got chills down my back as I thought about the horrible months leading to her birth. Mary Kate had to make up excuses to come stay with me in the hospital so Jasper wouldn't get suspicious.

"If he had been there I wouldn't have been so terrified." I whispered quietly, MK didnt even have to ask what I was referring to as she slowly pulled me into a hug.

"But you and Evie are both here and happy. You shouldn't have to worry about him." MK held onto me as the door opened again and I pulled away to send a nervous smile towards Jasper and Mary Kate's mother.

"Hi Mrs. Dean." I murmured as I automatically handed my daughter over to her grandmother.

"Poppy, how long have you known me?" She asked playfully before rolling her eyes. "Call me Barbara."

"Just a little tense." I muttered before shaking myself out a little, watching as Evelyn pulled Barbara's necklace into her mouth.

"Whats wrong dear?" She asked as we made a small train into the kitchen. I sat at one of the bar stools while Barbara held Evelyn tightly, bouncing her as she fussed lightly.

"Mom, Jasper called earlier." Mary Kate announced as she plucked Evelyn out of her mothers arms, swinging her around and pressing a kiss to her cheek to make her smile cheekily.

"Is he coming home soon?" A hopeful look gleamed in Barbara's eyes at the mention of her traveling son. All I felt was fear but as a mother myself I could relate to the protectiveness she felt towards Jasper and the excitement she must feel.

"Yeah, for a long weekend." Mary Kate replied. I looked down at my lap and fiddled with a gem on my shirt as Mary Kate nodded towards me in my side vision.

"Poppy... Will you tell him?" Barbara asked quietly, pouring a cup of tea for the three of us. I hadn't even noticed that she started the kettle, but steam was rising out of it wispily.

"I don't think so. I might visit Felix while Jasper is here." The thought of visiting my brother was very appealing all the sudden, staying out of town would be my best bet at going unnoticed.

"Okay." Barbara looked down and I know it pained her that she couldn't tell her son about the beautiful baby girl he has, but she had to respect my request as Evelyn's mom.

"I just don't think he needs to worry about Evelyn when she has all of us." I smiled at my babbling baby and scooped her up off the kitchen tile where she had been gumming away again. Mary Kate gave her the ring back when we entered the kitchen which helped her fussiness.

"If you don't want to tell him all alone, we will be there for you. I promise." Mary Kate spoke for the both of them, I was already shaking my head as she spoke.

"I know." I sniffled with a watery smile as I rocked the droopy eyed baby in my lap. "I think I need to head home and spend some time with my lovely before she gets too tired."

"Alright, drive safely beautiful and think about what we all talked about." Barbara kissed my forehead and gave me a hug as I made my way out the door for the second time and buckled Evelyn in for good.

I sat in the drivers seat after patting on Molly's head again and began driving. I was glad that the commute was short. Our small apartment was not far from the Dean household, merely three miles.