[ 25 ]

{TRIGGER WARNING}

She preferred to lay in bed that evening. Martin surprised her to a video chat over her laptop conveniently placed at her bedside table. Unfortunately missed her during her birthday as she was out and about with Corey. He knew that her depression would kick in around these cooling months so he just wanted to talk to her, at the very least to get the voices out of her head.

"I was able to let your dad share an arena with the other bands for the start of the new tour. I've heard what happened and all and I wanted to see what I could do." He informed with a grin. As far as Elizabeth knew, her father's venue cancellation was all that happened that day almost a month ago.

She enjoyed his kind gesture. "That's great Mart." Giving a halfhearted smile.

"How are your drawings?" He seemed to have been talking to someone on the other line before appearing in her view again.

She sighed then mumbled, barely audible to his ears. "I'm seeing him again. More than last time. I see visions and..." She stopped herself as Martin furrowed his eyebrows.

"Elizabeth, what's going on? You can tell me." He persisted.

"No, Martin I-" He interrupted before she could deny herself.

"Elizabeth please... I just don't like it when you get like this, I'm only trying to help. Voices speak louder than the pleading cries of hope only few contain." He recited. Something he's been told so many times before. Martin didn't like her saddened aura. He didn't like the dull color of gray emitting from her once joyful eyes. He just wanted to make her happy. Some how, someway.

"Well... I sent over a playlist on Spotify, if you're up for it. I made it for you." He gave a weak smile.

She nodded and clicked on the tap before clicking on shuffle. Sweater Weather by the Neighborhood was the first to show and she smiled at the faded memory that associated with the song. "Thanks jellybean." She said. "I needed this, I needed to see you."

Martin grinned. "No problem short stuff. I'll see you later okay?"

She nodded.

"Bye."

"Bye." Elizabeth sighed and turned off the chat. The whole computer in fact. She enjoyed the music, but her mind yearned for the white noise of silence.

She was ashamed of herself. She doesn't deserve a caring brother, for all she did was go behind his back and break the promise dearly trusted years ago. She'd forgotten. But quite frankly, she didn't care.

Mindlessly, she sat up in her mattress. The bed whining under her weight as her feet attached to the carpet. She stared intensely into her vanity's reflection.

The once shinning day grew darker and a vivid image of a shadow creeped the corners of her pastel stained walls.

"You didn't tell him." His voice was deeply low, far from a humans' octave range. His blood red irises darkly glaring into Elizabeth's.

"He's been through enough."

"Could say the same for yourself. But you still did it eh? Self harm. Horizontal too." He chuckled darkly and glanced down at her sleeved arms. Bright red marks lined her wrists. "Attention seeker." He mocked.

Her fists began to shake. "I didn't ask for this life. I didn't ask for the endless mental torture! " her voice grew louder and louder. "JUST LET ME BE GONE."

Her body fell to the floor as the blurred face basked in her breakdown. He craved the floods of emotion, fear that came from the girl. The door jiggled from the other side signaling it was soon to pry open.

"Good luck explaining those." He cackled and dispersed in a black whips.

~

Jenna entered the house with fresh groceries and a warm welcome from her husband. She gave him a peck against the cheek before unpacking the goods in the kitchen.

"Hey, where's Lizzy?" Jenna asked.

"She's been in her room all day." Tyler sighed and rubbed his temple annoyed by the animal. "Ollie will not stop whining. He's just not having it."

She wiped her hands against the kitchen cloth. "Did you feed him?"

"There's a giant turkey leg in his bowl!"

Jenna face-palmed and sighed. "Tyler, baby. Otters eat fish- seafood. Like mollusks, crustaceans, oysters."

His cheeks blushed slightly as she slid over a can of tuna and a can opener. "Try that."

It was then they heard a bloodcurdling cry of submission. "JUST LET ME BE GONE."

They didn't waste another second and rushed up the steps. A strong force held the door against its will as it didn't budge.

The door flew open at the weight Tyler pressed against it and dropped to his knees, pulling her into his grasp. "Shh, its okay, its alright you're safe." Jenna intertwined her fingers with her spouses' so they each cuddled her side.

Tyler saw the scars.

****

A/N: You guys I'm so sorry. Im sorry for everything. Crappy chapters and bad plot lines. Im working on it I'm not in the best mood so my bad I'm venting in this chapter.

Anyways, have a great day/night.

|-/