[ 23 ]

She lied motionless on the sterilized hospital bed. Her deep intakes of breath rare, eyelids still remained shut.

The doors were constantly in motion. Visitors in, doctor's out. For the exception of her parents that stayed at her side, clutching her hand the whole time.

"Hello Mr. and Mrs. Joseph," The doctor that they both became accustomed to opened the door politely. Face saddening at the aura of the room and the girl still not woken up.

Josh who had stayed with them the past couple of days, groaned and rubbed his eyes awake. His hair tussled and messy compared to the sculpted stature of his face.

"The results came in from testing," He started before licking his index finger and lifting a few printed pages. "We couldn't gather much based on the few details given. But from examining, what we do know is she does show biological signs of schizo-affective disorder from her previous medical files and family history." He informed. "She will be okay, the treatment should be wearing off soon." Said Doctor Euphman.

Jenna curled her fingers inward and smoothly caressed Elizabeth's hand.

"We can't say much about what occurred. What you explained happened could have been built up anger and frustration, feeling finally lashing out causing her to pass out."
Wait... He thought as the family conversed quietly over the given information.

He flipped open the relatives tab: M. Garrix

"She doesn't happened to be related to anyone by the name of Martin, does she?" He said in a slightly lower tone. Testing for himself.

Tyler nodded. "Yeah, why?"

The doctor spun on his heel and directed the nurses out.

Tyler and Jenna watching in a nervous wonder as the man re-entered the room and ran a hand through his hair with a sigh. He sat at his chair, moving so he could address the two.

"Let's make this quick, yes or no to the questions, alright?" He said and they nodded.

"Eyes change color?"

"Yeah."

"Mood swings?"

"Mh, sure."

"Does she seem to do things better when she adapts to certain areas or landscapes?"

Jenna furrowed her brows. "What?"

"Metaphorically, say she was in the forest at night. Could she see clearly? Say even, night vision?"

They contemplated his theory.

Tyler snapped his fingers as a memory came to mind. "Now I think of it, when Grayson and Ethan showed her how to play Manhunt last week, she did seem to find them pretty easily." Jenna's eyes widened as she remembered.

The doctor seemed to have rested his case. "It's ironic you came to the right place," he grinned. "You see, we haven't exactly pin-pointed what this is. Dr. Forester mixed many components for one simple experiment."

"How do you know Forester?" Tyler reacted defensively.

The doctor sighed. "He's my brother."

The room fell silent, but thoughts ringing like an alarm in their minds with surprise. It seemed the potentiality was endless.

"My name isn't actually Zarri Euphman. I needed to branch off and show a better perspective than my brother showed using our family name. I'm the one that found Martin and his mother and brought him to America, got him back on his feet."

Tyler clutched Jenna's hand for amenity.

"But that's not why I closed the door, I don't trust many people here with secrecy. The same thing happened to Martin. He exploded. Not saying because of  his male hormones or testosterone, but mentally. You see, when his- or her," he pointed to the resting girl "–eyes get red. That's not a good thing. Since I'm guessing neither of you saw her at that moment from what you told me, you keep eyes on her."

"Have her do something to ease her mind of thoughts. Like draw, or play an instrument if she does any." He began to write down the information he was saying. "Don't have her around assholes– excuse my language." He corrected politely. "Anything that could possibly bow a fuse."

"Looks like she can't hang around Corey anymore." Tyler mumbled.

Josh smacked his arm as he winced.

"I'm guessing this was her second 'explosion' we can say, due to the impact it caused her body. Contact me if anything happens. Also, I apologize for the lack of hope at this moment. The nurses obviously failed to inform you that she'll most likely wake up around 3-4 hours from now."

He then left the room after making his rounds as they still tried to comprehend what all is happening.

•×•¥•×•

A/N: sorry it took so long  :x