[ 7 ]

"What? You don't like Taco Bell?!" He just couldn't believe it. What they didn't know, was that they've been talking for over an hour and now working their way to another hour or three.

She shrugged. It was barely noticeable but she stopped bouncing her leg. She was having a conversation with these strangers she'd just met not to long ago like their old friends you haven't seen in years. And she wasn't going to lie, she liked the couple.

A knock on the door interrupted Tyler's debate against how great the chicken chalupas are.

Mrs. Reina poked her head through "look, as much as I enjoy your bonding, I have 4 other clients that would like an interview." She grumbled.

She sighed and gave a sad smirk at the couple before waving them goodbye.

"Wait!" Tyler said a bit too abruptly.

She let her hand go off the door knob and stared in confusion.

He fumbled with his hands, suddenly mesmerized in the action with a blush in his cheeks at his alerting word. "I- well, we really enjoyed talking to you. And maybe... We can have more conversations... Outside of this place..." He mumbled.

She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion as Jenna poured her emotions out into a subtle stare.

The words flooded through her ears but didn't seem to find her mind as she stood there curious as to what the man asked. Then it all fit together.

Her eyes bulged and her mouth grew slack as she gasped; "r-really? you want to..."

They nodded. Not planning ahead as they both said "We want to adopt you."

It doesn't take an Einstein to know that her answer, was a not-so-subtle-
"Yes!"

•×¥×•

"Hello? Hello..."

A overly dramatic groan came from the other end: "mmhm?"

"Josh?"

"... Tyler, its 5 am whatcha doin' man?" He progressively grew more awake until he sat in a sitting position, curled up in his alien imprinted throw blanket Tyler got him for a birthday gift not to long ago.

"I did it Josh, I mean... I adopted."

A sudden burst of energy came from the man as he jolted up, stumbling over his feet and landing with a solid thud on the ground.

Tyler cringed on the other end as restless static erupted from it, confused as to what just happened he continued. "Josh? Are you okay?"

He grunted and squeezed his eyes to clear his vision as he blindly surfaced over the cluster on the floor for his phone. "Yeah, I'm here." He just decided it was too much work to get back up there so he just stayed on the floor, pulling his blanket down with him. "So who? Where? When? Gender?"

"So, uh, her name is Elizabeth, uh we went to Indianapolis on a surprise trip I planned- uh, just two days ago actually. We're about to pick her up now."

Josh nodded at the new information. "Not to be a total dip-crap or anything, but why did you call?"

"Oh, yeah! I need you to buy a room."

"You want me to buy... A room." He repeated, more so running the sentence through his head out loud to himself.

"No! Well, yeah, but like, just a duvet and pillows, a dresser, maybe decor stuff, she's very artistic. Oh! Get her canvases, medium maybe, and paints! Oh and-"

Jenna interrupted his rambling with; "clothes and shoes!"

Josh was writing all this down. About the time they where halfway done with the list of errands, the notepad page was full. He swiftly flipped it to the next and tapped the pen abruptly seeing as it was just slightly running out of ink.

"Did 'cha get all that down?" Tyler asked after a subtle intake of air.

Josh smiled. "Sure did."

"Great! Thanks man, I'll see you tomorrow, or Wednesday at the longest." Tyler chirped.

They signed off with meaningful goodbyes, Josh frozen in his place with a goofy smile plastered on his face. He's going to be an uncle in less than 2 days. And man, he was going to love his niece until the day he dies. He hasn't met her yet, but the fact Tyler considered Josh's thought put a smile on his face.

Then it hit him. It was now just merging 6:08 and he had to leave for the store to get the furniture. 
He couldn't wait.

-----
A/N: well hello there, I usually don't do author's notes, but when I do, it must be a really special occasion. And it is. Has anybody listened to 'Cancer' covered by Twenty One Pilots. I cried the first 3 seconds. I need help jfc. Its a beautiful song though.

Lol that's all.
Stay Alive |-/