Chapter 38

(Mal's POV)

"Tors," I croaked from the bathroom.

"Again?" she sighed, opening the door. "I swear I'm going to have to buy a hazmat suit, I'm surprised I haven't gotten sick yet."

"I'm not," I looked down sheepishly.

"What?" Tori moved closer to me. "Mal what's up?"

"A few days before we met," I sighed. "Some things happened."

She stared at me. "Mal, are you?.."

I nodded. She sighed and pulled me into a hug. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"I was afraid you would leave me," I began to tear up.

"Mal, I would never leave you," she kissed my temple. "Have you told your moms?"

"Well, no," I admitted.

"Then we need to," she helped me stand. "You know we should probably tell them the other thing as well."

I laughed. "Most would be afraid to tell their parents, but I mean, c'mon they really can't judge."

Tori laughed and we made our way to the bedroom. She threw me some jeans and a hoodie. "Get dressed and then maybe we could meet them for lunch?"

"Sounds like a plan," I smiled. "Thanks Tor."

"Always."

She left the room and I got dressed. I came out and saw her in the bathroom brushing through her blond curls. "You look kinda like Jay," I commented.

She laughed, then held a sad smile. "How is she anyways?"

I sighed. "Not so good. Ben said she won't eat, and when Jay won't eat, you know something has to be wrong."

Tori sighed and went into my open arms. "Maybe we should invite her too, she might want to get out of the house."

"Sounds like a plan," I kissed her hair. "You smell good."

She laughed. "Thanks babe."

...

We met at an old fashioned diner for lunch. Mama and Mom were there, along with Ben, Beverly, Dani, Adrian, Axel, Angelica, Jay, and Gwen. "Where's their dads?" I whispered to Mama before we began eating.

"They had to go somewhere for the adoption," she whispered back.

I nodded. We ordered and finished eating before Tori and I decided to make our announcements. "Uh," I cleared my throat. "We've got a couple things to tell you."

Mama and Mom both raised her eyebrows, while my younger siblings and Gwen and Jay looked at us expectantly. "I'm not ashamed to say it," I smiled, grabbing Tori's hand. "We're together."

I saw Jay grin for the first time that day. "I called it!" she looked over at Ben. "I told you so!"

I laughed nervously. "We also have one more announcement."

I gulped and Tori gripped my hand tighter. "Um, well, we're kinda expecting."

Mom and Mama gaped at me. All the kids' eyes went wide, even Dani's as I signed it. The only people who didn't look shocked were the triplets. "What does that mean Mally?" Angelica asked.

"Uh, well it means I'm going to have a baby," I smiled nervously.

"How?" Mom demanded. 

"I'll explain that when there aren't so many little ears listening," I said through clenched teeth.

"Outside. Now," Mama looked at me with eyes that terrified me. "Tori, do you mind watching them?"

"Not at all," Tori said quickly, then shot me a sorry glance.

I walked outside with Mom and Mama. "Mallory Diane you have a lot of explaining to do," Mama started.

"I know I know," I assured her. "It's a long story."

"Well we've got time," Mom supplied.

"I was feeling depressed again," I scratched the back of my neck. "So I went out to have a few drinks, and then... things led to other things."

Mama and Mom sighed. "I cannot believe you would be this irresponsible," Mom looked at me.

"I'm sorry," I began to tear up. "I get it if you're mad."

"I'm not mad Mal," Mom sighed. "I'm just... disappointed."

I looked down. Mama lifted my chin. "Hey, don't cry baby," she gently kissed my forehead. "It's just, being a parent is a big responsibility."

"I know," I sighed.

"Honey we're gonna get through this together," Mom assured me. "I promise."

"So you aren't going to disown me?" I asked.

Mom and Mama laughed. "Never princess," Mama smiled down at me. "C'mon, they're probably driving Tori crazy."

"She should get used to it," Mom laughed.

We walked back inside and I took my seat back next to Tori. She grabbed my hand and leaned her head on my shoulder. "Well hi there," I ran my fingers through her hair.

Eventually we all decided to leave. Tori drove us home and we decided to cuddle on the couch. "It's cold," she pouted.

"Well c'mere then," I laughed.

She snuggled close to me. I wrapped a blanket around us both. "That went well," she said, placing her head on my chest.

"Yes, yes it did," I kissed her head.

We sat in silence for a little while before she broke it. "Mal I'm kinda scared."

"Me too," I looked down at her. "But I think we're gonna be okay. As long as we have each other that is."

"That was so cheesy I could taste it," she laughed, then sat up some so she could kiss me.

I kissed her back. "I love you Tori Campbell."

"I love you too Mallory Diane."

I smiled as she began to fall asleep. I held her tight, running my fingers through her golden curls, until I eventually fell asleep myself.