Chapter 5

The ambulance raced towards the hospital. Press held onto to her hand the entire ride there. When they reached the hospital, they immeadiately took her into a room and began running tests.

Press sat on a chair and sobbed. Tobin could be seriously hurt or dead and there was nothing she could do. She curled into a ball and actually began to fall asleep. That was until she felt a strong pair of arms wrap around her. "Kells?"

"Hey Press."

Press did nothing but cry onto Kelley's shirt. Kelley rubbed her back soothingly. Soon later, they called for Tobin's family. The two got up and followed a nurse into a room. "The doctor will he here soon," she said, then left.

Press leaned her head on Kelley's shoulder. Kelley wrapped an arm around her. The doctor came in a few minutes later. "Excuse me for asking," he began. "But what are each of your relations to Mrs. Heath?"

"I'm her wife," Press replied, rather defensively.

"I'm on of her children's godparents," Kelley chirped in.

"Okay, well, while we can't perfectly diagnose it now, it seems Tobin had a seizure."

Press and Kelley nodded, Press praying that it wasn't anything else. "She's in stable condition now if you'd like to see her," he added. "I'll need to run a few more tests though, so she'll have to stay overnight."

The two got up and followed the doctor to Tobin's room. He told them only one person could be in there at a time so Press went in. Tobin gave her a weak smile as she entered. "Hey," she croaked.

Press gave her a smile in return and sat on a chair next to her bed. She held her hand and rubbed her knuckles. "How're you feeling babe?"

"Kinda like I got hit by a truck."

Press' eyes showed nothing but sympathy as she kissed her wife's forehead. She stroked her hair until the doctors told her she had to leave. Kelley drove her home since she had taken a taxi there. When they entered the house they realized how late it was. "Hey," Hope greeted sympathetically, pecking Kelley's cheek. "I put the kids in bed."

"Thanks," Press said with barely any emotion, sitting on the couch.

"So what's the diagnosis?" Hope asked.

"Seizure," Press responded.

Kelley and Hope sat on either side of the brown haired girl. She leaned her head on Kelley's shoulder and Hope stroked her hair.

After a little while, Kelley realized Press was fast asleep. She picked her up and brought her to her bed, tucking her in. She walked back downstairs where Hope was sitting.

Kelley placed her head in the crook of Hope's neck. "You scared?" Hope asked gently, and felt her nod. "I am too, but this is Tobin we're talking about, she's got more fight than any of us."

Kelley nodded again and Hope felt her body start to relax. The two fell asleep like that.

...

The next morning, Ben and Beverly were up before anyone else. The twins went to the living room before stopping in the tracks, seeing Hope and Kelley. They decided to go back upstairs.

Beverly got out a Barbie doll and Ben got out one if his GI Joe figures. "Hey! I have an idea!" Beverly said.

"What?" Ben asked, staring into the eyes of his twin.

"Okay so you know how Mommy wasn't feeling well? And how she's in the hospital?"

"Yeah, don't remind me."