Chapter 19

Amy arrived the next morning, ready to kill anyone who came anywhere near Lauren. When she got there, however, Lauren wasn't awake yet. "How is she still asleep?" she asked Tobin. "It's almost one in the afternoon."

"I don't know, should we go check on her?"

"Probably."

Before they could say anything else, Lauren came stumbling down the stairs. "So nice of you to finally join us," Tobin teased.

"Shut up," Lauren groaned.

"You feeling alright?" Amy asked, hugging Lauren.

"Yeah, I'm good," she smiled and hugged back. "It's so good to see you again A-Rod."

Amy smiled. "I missed you."

They both smiled, until Lauren felt her stomach lurch. "Lauren, you okay?" Tobin asked.

"Yeah," she forced a smile. "I'll be right back."

She walked as quickly as she could to the bathroom without making it obvious, then threw up. She sighed as she flushed. She wasn't sick, and she knew it. She just couldn't tell anyone else right now.

She came back into the living room. Amy and Tobin were sitting on the couch, laughing and talking. She smiled, and sat next to Amy. "Hey there you are," Amy smiled. "You wanna go grab lunch?"

The thought of food made Lauren's stomach lurch again, making her turn as white as a ghost. "Um, I'm gonna pass," she said.

"Honey are you sure you're alright?" A-Rod asked, going into 'Mom Mode', feeling her forehead for a fever.

"I'm fine," Lauren pulled back.

"Go back to bed sweetheart," Amy kissed her head. "You get a sick day today."

"Aunt Laur! You've gotta see the thing Ben and I made!" Beverly ran over, then slowed down when she saw how pale her favorite aunt looked. "Aunt Laur you don't look so good, maybe you should go lie down."

"Point Amy," Amy fist bumped Tobin as Lauren made her way up the stairs.

After a little while they decided to go up and check on her. She had changed into sweatpants and an old t-shirt. She was lying on the bed, crying. Neither of the former new kids said a word. "I'm so sorry," she whispered, and neither of them could figure out who she was talking to. "I hope your dad and I make up baby, I don't want you to grow up with just me. I'm not ready to be a mother."

Tobin and A-Rod's eyes both went wide as they turned to each other. "Laur..." Tobin said tentatively as they slowly entered the room.

"Oh no," she groaned, rolling over and facing them. "How much did you hear?"

"All of it," Amy supplied, sitting on the edge of the bed. "Is this why you and Jrue were fighting?"

Lauren nodded. "I didn't know how to tell him," she hiccuped. "So I didn't, and when he found out, well he wasn't happy."

"Oh Chens," Tobin sat next to Amy. "How long?"

"About a month," she sighed.

"You kept it from him that long?" A-Rod was shocked.

"No, I just found out two weeks ago. When I went to the doctor they told me how far along I was."

"Oh," she responded. "What was he mostly upset about? The fact that you were pregnant or the fact that you hid it?"

"I'm not sure," she sighed. "He just kept getting in my face and I was stressed enough and I just didn't know what to do A-Rod."

"Hey, we get it," Tobin cooed, moving her brown curly hair out of her face. "It's gonna be okay Laur, if he's not gonna treat this baby or you right then you can be damn sure that we will."

Lauren smiled. "Thank you guys."

"No problem," they chorused.

"Now," Tobin grabbed her laptop. "I think it's cuddles and movie time."

...

Press walked into the guest room, after not hearing from her wife and friends for two hours, to find Lauren curled up in Amy's arms and Tobin leaned her head on top of her's, all of them fast asleep. She smiled and quietly slipped back out of the room. She always loved New Kids moments, they were always so cute.

She began reading her book again, and about an hour later Tobin came back downstairs. "How's Lauren?" Press asked, not looking away from her book.

"Um, well, Kelley and Hope aren't the only ones expanding the family."

Press looked up. "What?"

"Lauren's pregnant," Tobin blurted out.

Press sat in shock for a minute. "That's why they were fighting?" Tobin nodded. "That's messed up."

Tobin shrugged. "I think it has more to do with the fact that she kept it from him, but I'm not sure."

Press sighed. "We need to go shopping for the kids," she realized. "They need stuff for Moe and Kling's wedding."

"Oh right," Tobin said. "That's in two weeks isn't it?"

"Yup."

Tobin chuckled, shaking her head. "You remember when we got married?"

Press sighed happily, leaning her head on Tobin's shoulder. "I sure do," she smiled. "Second best day of my life."

"Second?"

"First is a tie between the day the twins were born and the day Dani was."

"That makes sense."

Press giggled. "You remember their first words?"

"How could I forget?" Tobin questioned. "Ben's was 'Mama' and Beverly's was 'Ball'."

Press' smile suddenly turned sad. "It's kinda sad that Dani will never get that."

Tobin nodded. "We'll just have to wait until her first sign," she smiled. "That'll be a big day."

Press nodded, curling into Tobin's arms. "You remember the first time they played soccer?"

"Beverly ran right into that pack of kids and Ben was a flower boy," Tobin replied, wrapping her arms around Press. "She was me and he was you."

"And then they let him start playing goalie," Press sighed dramatically. "I thought he was gonna die."

"You remember the first time Beverly got a turf burn? I think I cried more than she did."

"How about when Ben dove for a ball and ran into the post? The whole stands were quiet and Beverly was the first one by his side."

Tobin sighed. "They're growing up too fast," she shook her head. "But we must be doing something right, because no one's called child protective services yet."

Press laughed, kissing her wife on the lips. "Thank you for being the best Mom ever to our kids."

Tobin pressed her forehead against Press'. "Thank you for being the best Mama for them."