Chapter 22

On Joe's wrist was a tattoo of Connor's name, just very simple.

"When did you get that done?" I asked.

"Round about the same time that I came in late from training," he explained.

"So that was the real reason?"

"Partly. I still managed to get you something but you won't know what it is," he smiled while putting his watch back on.

"I don't know how you can keep secrets," I muttered, resting my head on his shoulder. "Wait...forget I even said that."

"Already forgotten," he replied, kissing the top of my head.

"I think we should try and get Connor away from your mum," I sighed, looking over at Louise.

"Maybe we should," he said as I sat up for him to move.

He got up and walked over to get Connor off his mum.

"So, when's my next niece's, nephew's or niece and nephew due?" Austin asked suddenly, sitting down at the other side of me.

"Will you stop doing that!" I shouted.

"Doing What?"

"You always show up when I don't expect you to show up, almost giving me a heart attack."

"Sorry," he apologised.

"Jus-just don't do it again," I breathed as Joe came back over with Connor in his arms.

"So when are they due?" Austin asked again.

"Beginning of next month some time," I told him.

"I think he was happy to just sit with his gran because he's now gone all fussy," Joe said, sitting down where he was sitting before.

He put Connor on his lap and looked down at him.

"Joe, you're over exaggerating."

"No, I'm not. He didn't want to come over with me," he exlained.

Connor looked away from Joe and looked up at me now.

"Well, my little boy is just fussy with who he wants to be around." I smiled, holding one of Connor's hands in mine.

"And I wonder where he gets that one from?" Joe smirked while looking over at Austin.

"I can see you looking at him and don't for one second think that Austin ain't like me. He's fussy with everything," I defended, looking up at Joe.

"I wouldn't say you were fussy..." He started.

"You're just picky." Austin finished.

"That's the same as being fussy!"

"Is it? I didn't know that," Austin stood up. "Here's your drink, Joe."

"Thanks," Joe thanked, taking the bottle from Austin before he walked away.

"How many of them have you had?" I asked.

"I don't know. About four maybe," he replied. "Why?"

"I was only asking."

"If you don't want me to drink anymore, just say and I'll stop."

"It's fine but just don't kiss me when your breath smells like alcohol," I told him.

"I'll stop then because I don't think I can go much longer without kissing you."

"Don't try and be sweet with me now," I warned, moving forward to stand up.