Chapter 4

I was following the directions the sat nav told me to and ended up at my old house in Cheshire. I never put it up for sale, nor did I rent it out once I left it. I stopped the car and got out. 

"Why the hell am here?" I asked myself as I locked the car and walked up to the front door. 

I knocked on the door and waited for someone to come and answer it. 

A few minutes later, the door opened and a girl appeared. She had long brown hair and wore a lot of fake tan. I was only standing a few feet away from her and I could tell that she was a wannabe WAG - and she had to be no more than 5ft 5inch. That's one thing I had over her, my height. I was 5ft 9inch and was looking down at her. 

She looked up at me and smiled, "You're..." 

"Yeah, yeah. I'm Mia Halliwell, what else is new? Are you Sophie?" I asked, looking down at her. 

"Yeah, who-no!" She shouted, trying to shut the door over. 

I placed my right foot inside the house and let the door hit it before I pushed the door open and walked into the house. 

"I don't think so," I said, closing the door over and turning my attention back to her. 

"You can't just come barging into my house when I don't want you here." She stepped away from me. 

"You see, that's the thing, I still own this house. So, technically, you're trespassing in my house." I corrected, walking slowly towards her. 

"What are you on? Are you on drugs or something because you are..." she said, backing up against the wall. 

"The only crazy one here is my husband. I mean, he's just stupid enough to sleep with a little girl like you." 

Sophie lifted her hand and slapped me. 

I grabbed her hand she used to hit me. "Have you never heard of the phrase, don't hit a pregnant woman?" 

"I have and that's why I hit you. You won't hit me back because I'm pregnant," she quickly replied so I wouldn't hit her. Her eyes started darting around the hall, looking scared. 

"Who says I won't? You hit me and I'm pregnant. So what stops me from hitting you back?" I asked, letting go of her hand and moving away from her. 

"You...what do you want?" She asked. 

"I want answers. So, Sophie, you and I are going to have a nice little chat." I clasped my hands together and straightened my composure. "After you." 

She looked at me then walked into the dining room. She glanced behind her a few times as I followed. She walked over to a seat at the furthest away side of the dining table and quickly sat down. I sat down opposite her and clasped my hands on the table. 

"What makes you think Joe's going to want anything to do with your baby?" I asked her. 

"He has to," she spoke quickly. 

"He doesn't have to do anything. He has his own life. He has me, his son and his unborn child. He doesn't want or need you," I stated as my anger began to rise. 

"That's not what he kept on telling me in bed when we were having sex. He said he wanted me to have his children and that both marrying you and having Connor were both mistakes. He wished that he'd never met you because you've ruined him," she said with a smirk on her face. 

"I've ruined him? I haven't ruined him. If anything, I've helped him." I leaned back in my seat. She stayed silent and I took a deep breath before continuing. "Let me ask you this. Where's your pregnancy test?"