Chapter 15

Joe's POV

"Mr. Hart, you're under oath," the judge reminded me. 

"No," I cleared my throat. "She'd never do anything like that." 

"Okay, thank you." He nodded before sitting down. 

"Mr. Andrews, questions for Mr. Hart?" The judge asked one of Mia's lawyers. 

"I do actually." He said, standing up, buttoning his suit jacket as he did so, and walking over to me. "Mr. Hart, is it true that you were present at the nightclub opening the night that Miss. Halliwell is said to have had beaten Miss. Crew up?" 

"Yes, that's right." 

"Was it you who had decided to follow Miss. Halliwell out to the back of the club, after she went after Miss. Crew?" He asked. 

"Yes." 

"Why did you do that?" 

"I wanted to talk to Mia but I didn't realise that she had walked out to talk to Kim." 

"So, you were under the impression that Miss. Halliwell was on her own?" He asked. 

"Yes, I was." 

"What made you open the door to the back of the club?" 

"I heard someone fall against the door. I pushed it open because I thought that Mia may have collapsed," I explained to him. 

"So, you thought that something may have happened to her or worse, your unborn twins?" I nodded. "When did you realise that it was, in fact, Miss. Crew who was standing behind the door?" 

"When I pushed it open, Kim fell to the ground and hit her face. She stood up and complained about her face bleeding or something like that. She shouted at me for pushing her," I replied. 

"Thank you," Mr. Andrews smiled before turning to the judge. "I rest my case, your honour." 

I stood up and walked back to my seat. 

"We'll take a break the now and re-adjourn in five minutes," the judge announced. 

We all stood up as he left the room. I looked down to Mia who had sat back down quickly and had her lawyers and management team gathered round her. 

"Mia!" I shouted before quickly going to her. 

I moved to sit next to her and took her hand in mine. 

"Joe, she's burning up." Lisa explained, feeling her forehead. With the back of her hand. 

"Mia, look at me." I moved my free hand to rest behind her neck so she was able to see me. 

"I don't feel too good," she moaned as she went pale. 

"We need to get her to the hospital," Lisa said, worry filling her voice. 

"She can't go anywhere. I want to see her go down to where she belongs," Kim butted in, looking over my shoulder to Mia. 

"Well I'm sorry, but she has to." Tina retaliated while standing behind me. 

"No, she doesn't. She'll be fine. She's probably just faking it cause she knows that I'm winning," Kim said happily. 

"This isn't some kind of competition to see who's better! This is real life and you're clearly making up lies to hurt her because she has what you don't!" Tina shouted, her anger rising by the second. 

"I have every thing in the world and when I'm done with her, she'll have nothing left to live for." 

"You really are a piece of work. You clearly only care about yourself and no one else. Back off!" Tina shouted.