Chapter 7

I was kept in hospital over night and allowed to go home in the next morning. Lisa came to pick me up because Roshien had work commitments and couldn't get out of them, nor did I want her to. 

I got into Lisa's car and she drove off. I looked in the back seat and saw that she had brought Connor with her. 

"Care to tell me why you ended up in hospital?" Lisa asked. 

I looked at her. "I had pains in my stomach and they thought that I may have had a miscarriage but I haven't." 

"I wonder what caused that?" She asked with a smirk on her face. 

"Okay, I get it. 'I told you so', get it over and done with." I sat waiting for her to say it. 

"I'm not going to say it because you know the truth and can deal with it." 

"I know I do." I looked at the road then back to her. "Where are you going?" 

"I'm taking you home. Why?" 

"I'm not going home. I'm going back to my old house to get the slut and taking her to the hospital to see for sure if she really is pregnant." I told her. 

"Language, Mia." She said, looking in the rear view mirror. 

"Sorry," I replied. 

"Mia, why are you wasting your time?" She asked, stopping the car at the side of the road. 

"Because if she's lying, I'll make her pay for lying to me. Now, turn the car around and take me to my old house." I demanded. "Now would be good." 

"Fine but I ain't going to wait on you." She started to turn the car around then looked at her. "Okay, I will." 

I smiled at her as she drove off in the other direction to take me to my old house.

We arrived at my old house 40 minutes later. Lisa stopped the car and I got out before walking up to the front door and knocked on it. I waited for a minutes before Sophie opened the door. 

"Ready?" I asked her. 

"What do you mean?" She asked, looking up at me. 

"Get dressed and you're coming with me," I said. "Don't mind if I come in and wait do you? Thanks." 

I walked past her and into the house. 

"I guess not," she muttered while closing the door. 

"Hurry up now. I don't have all day," I said as she made her way up the stairs. 

I walked into the living room and noticed a set of car keys on the coffee table. I picked them up and looked at the keyring that was attached to them. Knew it was too good to be true. I shook my head. 

I heard Sophie coming back down the stairs and put the keys in my jeans pocket. 

"What are you doing?" She asked me. 

I looked at her. "Waiting for you. Now move." 

I walked over to her as she opened the front door and walked out. I closed the front door over and waited for her to lock it. Once locked, she turned and started to walk over to her car. 

"No no no no no. I don't think so. My managers car. Move it," I said, giving her a little push towards Lisa's car. "In the front." 

"Stop telling me what to do! I can sit where I want," she shouted, turning to face me as she stopped at the front passenger door of the car. 

"No, you can't. My son's in this car and I don't want you freaking him out with your orange face." I told her. "Now, get in or I'll drag you in."