34| Kyurem, the Warder of Ice

We decided to stay a few days longer in Undella before we moved on, during which I tried to get in some more training with Rosa

We decided to stay a few days longer in Undella before we moved on, during which I tried to get in some more training with Rosa. She beat me more than once, and though that technically broke the little "no losing" rule I created for myself, I was glad to see how confident she had become in her battling abilities.

But with each loss, I became increasingly more worried when it came to my own skills. My fight with Drayden was approaching fast, and I still had no idea how I would manage to win it without a full-on attack strategy that, by all means, could backfire easily.

And it wasn't like August was going to help me. She was more defiant than ever and never even glanced my way whenever I sent her out. She seemed content to soak up damage and take a nap while doing so or she would pretend to be confused to avoid listening to me. Even with her continuing to fight against me, I refused to give up on her. I wanted to be a Trainer worthy of owning the true August, a Pokémon that had once been a loyal partner to the Hero of Ideals.

The only thing that stood in our way between Undella and Lacunosa was Route 13, a route composed of nothing but treacherous cliffs and deep stretches of icy water. We decided that Surfing across the water would be our best bet for traversing the route. It was either that or risk walking the narrow cliff side trails and flimsy-looking bridges that spanned the wide channels. It took us nearly three days to travel Route 13, and after dodging the threat of hypothermia like a Sheer Cold attack, we finally arrived at our destination: Lacunosa Town.

Lacunosa Town was built like a fortress, literally. Tall stone walls enclosed the small town, leaving only two openings for people to pass through. The three-story walls sheltered the buildings from the surrounding forest and foothills on the Route 12 side. While I was sure these wall were meant to instill a sense of safety, they only served to make me feel uneasy. What would the town want to keep in... or out?

Other than the walls, Lacunosa was like any other town. While the townsfolk were soft-spoken, they were pretty nice. Bianca said that we were supposed to meet someone here, someone that we were should have met before we ever started our journeys. We waited at a spot on the north side of Lacunosa near one of the walls. Eventually, we saw a woman wearing a white lab coat and a fashionable green dress while her brown hair was styled in a loose bun. She was walking towards us, her gaze fixed on us and a welcoming smile on her face.

"Professor Juniper!" Bianca greeted the woman warmly. I was shocked, this was the professor? She looked like any normal middle-aged woman, the only thing distinguishing her was the lab coat she wore.

"Hello, Bianca. It's great to see you again!" Juniper replied in a smooth, sophisticated tone. She looked at me, Rosa and Hugh. "And you three must be Nathan, Rosalyn, and Hugh. I've heard so much about you from your parents and Bianca. I'm so glad that we could finally meet." She held out her hand. Hugh and I shook her hand, expressing our gratitude for her giving us our first Pokemon.