08| Plasma Rebounded

I thought my business in Virbank was finished, but apparently that wasn't the case

I thought my business in Virbank was finished, but apparently that wasn't the case. When I was checking my Pokédex, I saw that I had missed a Pokemon in the Virbank Complex. It was a Normal-type Pokémon called Audino. Its Pokédex entry talked about how sensitive it was, and it also discussed how it was somewhat similar to the Happiny evolution line. I could have caught it almost anywhere in Unova, but I thought it would be better to catch it now than later. And even better, Ivy evolved into a Grass-type called Servine! I went back to the Pokémon Center and transferred the Audino to Juniper's PC.

Afterward, I called Hugh on my Xtransceiver. I somehow didn't have Nate's number registered on my Xtransceiver yet. He picked up after three rings and his face showed up on the device's screen.

"Hey Rosa, what's up?" Hugh asked.

"I caught a Pokémon I missed in the complex and Ivy evolved!" I replied happily. "Where are you at?"

The view in the screen was abruptly jerked to the side and Nate's face appeared onscreen. "We're outside of the Virbank Gym and we just finished battling the Gym Leader. Also, congrats on Ivy's evolution!"

"Thanks! And how'd it go?"

Nate pulled back part of his jacket with his left hand. His Basic Badge was pinned on the jacket's inside along with another badge. "We both beat her and got Toxic Badges."

"Let go of my wrist, Nate!" Hugh's voice complained from off-screen.

Nate looked away from me. "Hold on a sec, I'm almost done." His gaze turned back to me. "Anyway, we can meet up at the docks. It's right at the end of Clef Lane!" The screen began to shake more.

"I swear to Arceus, Nate! If you don't let go of me-!"

"See ya there! The boat leaves at three!"

The call cut out a second later. I sighed and smiled, shaking my head. Typical Nate, if only I had his number from the start...

I looked up the nearest street sign. I was at the beginning of Graypav Street and it just so happened to be intersecting Clef Lane, what a coinkydink.

I ran down Clef Lane and as I was nearing the end of the street, I saw a building next to a set of stairs leading down to the docks. A group of five adults in dark clothing were next to the building. I noticed Nate and Hugh standing near the group, facing them. I was about to call out to them when I realized that they were talking to the group of people. No, not talking. Arguing! I slowed my pace, trying to listen in on the argument.

"I knew it! I thought I recognized you guys from somewhere, and I was right," Hugh said.

"Move out of the way, kids!" one of the people said.

"Why should we move?" Nate replied angrily.

"Do you not value your Pokémon or your life? Move or we'll make you regret messing with us," another person growled.