Silver Blood's Morals

'Kill them.'

You clenched your teeth, eyes tight as two sides within you tried to gain control over your body and your final decision, still hidden behind the brush of the forest where the two conniving men could not see you.

To kill, or not to kill?

What a simple question your mind is constantly asking, with such dark undertones.

"First, we gotta separate the bloody bitch and that fucking idiot captain. They've been giving looks to each other, so all we have to do is get them drunk enough and let them find some privacy." The bandit with the disgusting scratchy voice spoke with a self satisfied smirk that twisted his features even more then before. You shuddered at his ugly look. " Then we can just move the party to another area away from the ship, then BAM!" The bandit laughed, "We take the ship with the treasures and leave this place for the World Government!"  The older man shakily rose a finger.

"B-but, since we've been here the marine has only had w-water. I d-don't think she's the drinking type." The older man managed to get out, the bandit sneered.

"Che...fine. Plan B. We burn down those pathetic houses they've been making since we arrived on this island."

Your eyes widened and your fists tightened around your hilt simultaneously.

'No. Not the houses. They've been working so hard on those.'

"It'll be even better if there are people inside," the bandit continued, "everybody will be too busy saving and screaming to notice us get on the ship."

You gritted your teeth.

'They don't care? They don't care people will die because of their selfishness?! They don't care how hard these villagers worked to start a new life here?!'

Your eyes darkened dangerously, seeing how truly disgusting these two cowardly men are.

To ruin a people's second chance at life...to destroy the homes they've built on their hard work, sweat and blood... all for treasure and because they're afraid?

"But w-what about the captain and marine? They look strong. W-won't they n-notice us get on the ship?" The old man, once villager now traitor, asked hesitantly. Still managing to stutter with his partner, but not fighting against the thought of possibly killing his fellow neighbors and villagers to just get some money. This observation made you sick to the gut. A feeling you've had for the majority of your life.

A feeling you've had too long.

The bandit cackled.

"That's easy. Those pissy weak hearts of theirs will lead them to try to put down the fires of the house and," the bandit took something out of his pocket, a red stick with a string coming out of it that made your heart stop,"with this, it'll all turn to ash. They'll die in the explosion with how close the houses are next to each other."

"All of them?" The old man asked.

The bandit's dark smirk widened. "All of them."

What?

What?!

What?!

You didn't realize you even stepped out from the bushes, denial leaving your lips at their statement with eyes narrowed into slits, Karasu already out. They jumped, wide eyes as they stepped back in surprise.

"W-what?! Did you—" you interrupted the bandit before he continued.

"Did I hear every word about that little plot of yours? Yes. I did." You looked at them evenly, feeling confident in your decision of what to do with them. "And I know exactly what to do about it."