Rayleigh and Your Father

Well. This was surprising. You never expected Rayleigh to be here.

You were in shackles behind bars as you sat in between a giant and the old man you were questioning. Yes, the shackles were necessary.

Oh well.

Since you spotted him, you bombarded him with questions about your father and how he was. The old man laughed heartedly as he observed you must be his daughter he was talking about. Rayleigh told you all sorts of stories on how the captain, himself, and your father were close. People sometimes even mistaking himself and your father as brothers because of their names. Even though his last name was Silvers and your father's first name was Silver, there was no way they were related. But people tended to call them the 'Deadly Silver Duo' whenever they fought together side by side.

"Your father always tried to have anyone's back in a fight, always with that smirk of his. He loved fighting with strong respectable opponents, but he loved making weapons to fight more."

Rayleigh then moving on to how your father made the best of the best weapons. Never did your father half-ass making a sword. He treated every single one of them like a child. Like the sword you have. Gentle but strong as he hammered them down and took them out of the oven. Shaping them with flint to get sharper. Stronger, for the world around them. Making sure they had no scratch on them with watchful eyes, seeming to be afraid of such a thing.

"The whole crew knew he would've made a wonderful father if he didn't have a pirates life. When he told one day with that idiotic smile of his that he was with child with the woman he loves since we were kids, well." Rayleigh laughed and smiled fondly. "Let's just say there wasn't a moment where he didn't talk about you. He didn't even meet you yet, and he was already saying that no one could touch you."

When the slave sellers came out to get another 'item', that being the mermaid. And it was when did she yell Luffy's name did you see who the Straw Hats were trying to rescue.

"Hey, is your name Camie by any chance?"
The mermaid immediately looked over, the slave sellers setting up on why seemed to be a tank.

"Y-yes? Have I seen you somewhere before?"

You gave a small smirk.

"No. But I believe that we both know a crew that seems to always get themselves in trouble." Camie widened her eyes, about to question you if you knew the Straw Hats when she was pushed in to the tank by the men. Your face went blank at this, a slight frown on your lips as the men carried her over to the front stage. When Camie looked back however, she didn't miss the wink and small comforting smile that went her way by you.

When they left, your face immediately went to a frown. Maybe you should get out yourself now. You're concerned the Straw Hats won't be able to save their friend in time. Rayleigh's eyes moved back towards you, watching the worried expression across your face as he observed silently.

"Do you possibly know Monkey D. Luffy?" He asked, causing you to look towards him and give a smirk.

"Yeah. That kid is going to Pirate King." You said with confidence.

Rayleigh rose an amused eyebrow.

"If that's the case, then I can't wait to meet the young man." Your smirk widened.

"Why wait?"

It was at that moment did you and the others hear a crash within the building. You laughed.

"Pfft! Man, they have amazing timing!"

.

.