Chapter 17

It's hard to say which of them lets out the loudest, most shameful, breathier moan, but neither has it in themselves to care about it in that moment.

Because in that moment, Lydia mutters an "Oh god!" that is downright sinful, cursing at the feeling of Stiles inside of her and at the way he fills her completely like she'd never experienced until then as if every part of him fits with every part of her, at how he's pressing her body down against the mattress so hard and softly at the same time that it feels too fucking right so she curses again, her nails raking along his shoulders and for sure leaving a mark because she knows he's hers and that's all that matters.

In that moment, Stile sighs heavily against Lydia's wanting lips, stilling his movements and just staring down at her, at the lust in her green eyes reflecting the hunger in his own amber ones. Awestruck at the way Lydia bites down on her lower lip without noticing, at how a beautiful blush creeps up her chest and neck at the sensation of him, he hoists up one of her legs to wrap around his waist and waits for Lydia to do the same with the other whenever she breaks out of her daze.

Which, to his surprise, takes her a while to catch up to.

Because for a moment, the universe stops around them and time stills, the air seems to vanish from their lungs when everything just is, and it settles between them that they're finally in the same place after dancing around and missing each other for the better part of the last two years - and in reality, their whole lives before that -, but now...

Now everything is different and, somewhat strangely, exactly the same as before, as if it had been written in the stars that it was always supposed to go down like this, that they've always been destined, and when Stiles smiles down softly at a blushing Lydia, she's returning the affection the same way, her hands moving to cup his cheeks and pull him down to her slowly, their lips connecting in nothing more than a light touch that means so, so much.

Stiles takes a moment to let it sink in, breathing the same air as Lydia while she peppers feather-like kisses on the slope of his nose, his cheeks, just below his chin before returning to his lips and kissing him more passionately this time, albeit shortly. When she does bring herself to wrap her other leg around his waist, Stiles is still lightheaded but replies to her exclamation in the only way he knows how.

"You can call me Stiles. No need for formalities." He jokes and a smirk spreads across her plush lips like an invitation.

Stiles pecks them, receiving a light slap on his arm in return. "Shut up. Are you gonna move or..." She teases, one of her fingers tracing erratic patterns on his neck distractingly that makes him close his eyes for another moment.

Her provocation takes a couple of seconds to bring Stiles back to reality, a smug smile tugging at his lips in response before he can suppress it, a frown quickly taking its place when Lydia starts laughing at his embarrassment jokingly. "I was having a moment." He chastises playfully, the hand that's not supporting him on the bed trailing down her flank and making Lydia shiver. "I'm allowed to have a moment, okay?"

Lydia bites down on her lower lip again, feeling the tips of his fingers spread fire on her skin at the lightest touch. For good measure, Stiles moves tentatively for the first time and very, very slowly at that just to mess with her, releasing her lip from her teeth with his own as he starts thrusting all too lazily.

He thinks she lets out a small whimper but he's not sure. "Like that?" He asks, even though he's joking just to rile her up.

Lydia sees right through him though, her green eyes glinting with mischief. "I sure hope you can do better than that."

He raises an eyebrow at her, thrusting once again but this time even slower than before. "I can, and I could, but... I don't know. If I remember correctly, you said you wanted to take things slow. I can take it really..." He places a kiss behind her ear. "Really..." Another on her jaw. "Really slow." A third on the corner of her lips. "I'm a man of my word. I can go even slower."

He dares to demonstrate just that.

(Un)Luckily for Lydia - whose first instinct was to reprimand him -, Stiles thrusts deeper this time and her eyes close without her will, another moan escaping her that she hopes he wouldn't hear but he does, of course, and it only makes him smugger.

She hates him.

"I hate you." She mutters in a tone she hopes would sound bitter, but her giggle in the end gives her away.

His smirk though, softens to an heartfelt smile, his heart beating fast at the words. "I love you too."

She makes sure to kiss him senseless in response, getting him to move properly in no time at all.

When she moans once he picks up a good rhythm, Stiles marks her just like he'd promised he would.

xxxxxxxxxx

They don't last as long as they hoped they would, but then again they were already counting on it.

Stiles orgasms first, powerfully enough to have him knocked off balance and flush against her body but Lydia doesn't mind at all. Seemingly unable to move much, completely blissed, Stiles reaches between her legs to circle her clit with his thumb while his hips move idly, his erratic breathing too hot against Lydia's neck and it isn't long until Lydia is tightening around him, eyes closed as she dissolves into pleasure as well.

She thinks they stay like that for a good minute, Stiles lying on top of her as if she has wrecked any will he could have to get up, breathing in sync against the other until her hands cup his cheeks and she makes him face her, and Lydia is honestly surprised at the way her heart flutters at the sight of him. His hair is disheveled, his skin is painted red around the love marks she's left on him, his lips full from her ministrations.

However, his eyes are what makes her heart beat faster in her chest. They're the kindest eyes she's ever seen so she stares, enjoying the moment when she accepts that falling in love with Stiles Stilinski is a continuous process.

Stiles feels the exact same way, takes in her awed expression with a matching one and for so long he's dreamed of this, yet reality couldn't been farthest from what he had always thought this moment would be like.

For once, Stiles feels nothing but happiness and peace.

"I love you." He breathes out, trying to calm his racing pulse.

Somehow, this moment seems more intimate than what they just shared.

In response, Lydia caresses his cheeks and smiles sweetly, a happy grin taking over before she pulls him down and kisses his lips once more. "And I love you."

xxxxxxxxxx

For the best part of the next hour, Stiles and Lydia just talk.

It comes easy to have an hour fly by when they're engaged in conversation with their best friend, with someone who knows every single part of them and loves them for it, someone who willingly accepted them for who they are now, who they were and who they are to be.

When tiredness starts winning them over, they turn off the lights and settle on the bed only on their underwear, basking in the moon's glow coming from one of the windows as they lie down quietly, Lydia's head resting on Stiles' stomach as he plays with her hair distractedly, the rush of adrenaline finally dissipating.

They whisper quietly in the night, discussing a random topic but feeling more and more worn out as 2am approaches, and the next morning neither of them can remember what the last thing they were talking about before falling asleep was.

Still, it doesn't matter.

The only dreams they have that night are good ones.

xxxxxxxxxx

A/N: Feel free to leave me a review to let me know what you're thinking of the story so far.

Until next time xx
Susana

New: You can check the Pinterest board for this story here :) https://pt.pinterest.com/youmakemewander/mysterious-ways