Chapter 16

Their lips move unhurriedly, softly dancing against each other's like they're in a movie. Stiles breaks the kiss eventually, chuckling against the skin of Lydia's neck when his lips leave hers to pepper light pecks down her jaw to her collarbone.

"What's so funny?" She breathes out, tilting her head to the side enough to give Stiles better access.

The way the words come out of his mouth, hushed and murmured to her ear, make Lydia shiver. "You held your breath."

She hears the smile in his voice rather than sees it, and Lydia can't help but to break into a grin herself. Cradling his cheeks and making him face her again, Lydia holds his gaze, wetting her lips briefly before pulling them into a soft smile. "Now why wouldn't I?"

There's a sparkle in her eyes that he has never really seen before, not before they were better like they are now. He sees acceptance, peace, contentment, joy, adoration, love. Lydia is an open book to him now, and Stiles is sure he's looking back at her the exact same way.

Placing a quick peck on her lips, he turns his head in their cabin's direction. "Wanna head inside?" He asks mischievously, raising his eyebrows suggestively.

Lydia laughs freely at that, nodding more eagerly than she can really be proud of, a smirk spreading across her lips in response. Stiles kisses it away.

He helps her up, and as soon as Lydia is on her feet her fingers lace behind his neck naturally, pulling him down to crash her lips against his again like she needs him to breathe. Stiles kisses her back just as enthusiastically, grinning into the kiss like a mad man.

And he is mad.

Madly in love with her.

Funnily enough, Lydia is mirroring him like she was born to do just that.

They stumble a bit on their way back to the cabin, a few miscalculated steps almost leading them to fall out of the dock and into the water, hands more busy with feeling each other up than helping the other keep their balance as they wander around.

When they reach the cabin, Stiles doesn't shy from the way he's feeling about her, his hands quickly moving from her waist to her thighs and then to her ass to pull her up. Lydia chuckles at the initiative, holding onto his shoulders as her legs wrap around his waist. She feels something deep inside her when he pins her against the wall ever so gently - something she hasn't felt before, not like this -, one of his hands still supporting her as the other cradles her cheek softly, his thumb grazing her lips.

And then he just stares.

He looks at Lydia like she's everything he's ever wanted, everything he's ever needed and then some, and Lydia can almost listen to her own heart beating erratically against her ribcage. She can feel the heat rush up to her cheeks and her neck. She's burning under his smitten gaze and he's not even really doing anything. She smiles almost shyly and Stiles blushes at that, at how he makes her feel because he can see how her chest is rising and falling unevenly, how her pupils dilated when he caressed her cheek and just glared intently at her. Though he had imagined this for years, he'd never really thought he'd see the day when Lydia Martin would be flustered because of him.

He moves so slowly that Lydia swears that time stops, her heart along with it. Stiles leans forward to capture her lips with his in a tender kiss, one that has Lydia reconsidering every single thing she has ever done in her life. Why exactly haven't they gotten together before? She cups his cheeks, and for a second she's back in the locker room with him, just them, on the day they first kissed. Because right now, she feels exactly like she did then. Their lips brush against each other's softly, Stiles getting just a little bit closer to Lydia as her hands fall to his neck, her fingernails lightly scraping his skin, their foreheads touching when they break the kiss.