Chapter 7

To say the least, Kira's emotions are all over the place when she arrives at Scott's place.

She's not exactly sure what to say to him, or how. And being nervous won't help, not that she can do something about it. On his front porch, she waits a few seconds before knocking on the door gathering her courage, but when she raises her hand he's already there, opening the door for her. Of course. He probably heard her.

"Hi." Her voice sounds slightly broken.

"Come in. Let's go upstairs." His sounds worse.

Kira closes the door behind her and follows her boyfriend to his room, sitting on the edge of the bed beside him. They stay like that for a while, sitting in silence, until Scott reaches for her hand and just stares, playing with their fingers like he's trying to figure out if they fit.

He turns to face her and to get a better look at her features, carefully studying her eyes when her gaze meets his. Kira waits for him to say something, anything, and it takes him a few more moments to do so. "I'm just gonna say what I have to say, so please don't stop me or I'll chicken out."

She nods. "Okay."

"So... I know things are a little awkward and weird right now and that they have been for a while, but I don't think it's our fault. Not mine, not yours." Scott sighs. "Ever since Allison, my life turned upside down. Not after she... Died, but when I first met her. It was around the time I became a werewolf, and I had to learn about the supernatural and then there she was, my first love. I was just a kid and my life changed completely." He pauses. "She was my first love. There's nothing I can do about that. And even when we broke up or when she died, I loved her. I still do. And I think I always will."

He runs his hands through his hair, looking for some kind of peace of mind before continuing. "But then I met you, and things changed again. You proved me that you can love more than one person, you know? And that there are different kinds of love because even though Allison and I were broken up when I met you, I loved her, but it gradually became this affection and care, not so much in a romantic way, I guess. Somehow I always figured we'd end up together though, but at the time it was enough. And then she was sort of with Isaac and... I saw you, like really saw you, and you were amazing and were willing to protect us and fight with us even though you barely knew what you were getting into. And Kira, I fell for you..."

He takes a deep breath and looks into her eyes, his hands moving to cup her cheeks. "I don't think I ever told you that. Not in words, anyway. But I did. And I like you. I really like you, so much. So I want you to know that I want this, us, to work." He pauses once more. "I can't tell you that I love you. I don't think I'm there yet. But you should know that every time I see you, I fall for you a little more." He gives her a kind smile that she returns. "So I want to do it right, if you'll let me. You just need to be patient, like really patient with me." He lets out a chuckle. "I tend to screw things u-"

She interrupts him with a kiss and it's urgent, like it's long overdue, and Scott kisses her back and pulls her closer because that's all he really wants, to have her close.

Kira is the one breaking the kiss. "We both screw things up. And I don't think we're really good at this whole figuring things out, you know. It's awkward." He stares at her, slightly confused. "I mean that we need to work on it. And our timing usually sucks." She chuckles. "But I like you too. We can make it work." She says reassuringly.

Their lips meet again, only now it tastes more of acceptance.

"So we're good?"

"We're good," she replies.