Chapter 2

Kira was thrilled. Scott had spent the rest of the day telling her everything she would need to know about Stiles and Lydia as Kira hadn't been a part of the pack from the beginning.

She'd picked up on a lot of things in the last few months, but she sure didn't know about how crazy Stiles' crush on Lydia was when he was younger, nor did she know that they'd went to the winter formal together or just how close they'd gotten since Scott was bitten. Scott even told Kira about Stiles' 10 – stretch to 15 - year plan to make Lydia fall in love with him.

To say the least, Kira was thrilled. Still, she would probably regret all the delight later. It's not normal to have a smile on one's face for so long and her cheeks will hurt, Scott's pretty sure of it but he couldn't help but smile too. He hadn't seen Kira this excited in a while, and to actually be able to do something about Stydia – that's how Kira now insisted on addressing what was Stiles and Lydia's... Well, thing – left this soothing atmosphere in the air, like what they were planning was something that was meant to be.

It felt right.

The next day after breakfast, while he answered a call on his phone, Kira - who'd rushed back to her boyfriend's house to continue scheming - was focused on a calendar trying to figure something out by herself.

Scott looks back at Kira, sitting at his desk when he ends the call. "Derek will be coming over in a minute. Says he wants to talk."

"What about?" Kira asks, still absent-minded.

"He didn't say, but he is already on his way." Scott peeks over her shoulder to a blank paper sheet all scribbled out in different colors, not able to make sense of a single thing. "How are we?"

"Oh, the plan will so be over before the ten-year mark." Kira smiles wider, glancing over her shoulder at Scott. "This is gonna be perfect."

"Don't get your hopes up. He's still with Malia, remember?"

"Yeah, I know." She frowns. "And I like Malia... I mean, not like like, but I guess she's okay." Scott thinks it's endearing when Kira mumbles to herself like this, and she continues, oblivious to her boyfriend's thoughts. "Does it make me a bad person to want my friend's boyfriend to date my other friend?" She asks insecurely. "I don't want Malia to get hurt, but by not hurting her Stiles and Lydia are suffering themselves, in a way. And it's different with the two of them, isn't it?" She pauses. "It's like they're two sides of the same coin or something. Did you notice that there are lots of things they mirror from the other? It's so cute. They don't even seem aware that they're doing it."

"Trust me, I know," he smiles. Scott is the only one who really knows how much Stiles has cared for Lydia over the years, and it was not one-sided, not as of late when they started their little banter and as they started to get to know each other. Before Malia, that is. "There were times when they kept doing this thing with their lips, like they were both pouting at the same time, completely randomly. I'm pretty sure deep inside they were just hoping they would put their lips to better use, you know? But god forbid one of them would make a move," Scott laughs.

Kira giggles. "Oh my god. I'm fangirling!" They both laugh, Kira raising her hands motioning for a pause. "Please don't stop dating me." She teases and he pecks her lips. "We should stop. We still have so much to plan."

A knock on the door reveals a slightly entertained Melissa, a faint light playing in her eyes as if she wants to ask permission for something she's not supposed to. "Scott, honey..."

He already knows what it means and interrupts her right there, not wanting to prolong the embarrassment for the both of them. "It's fine, mom. Just... Text me if you're getting home late. We are gonna head out after lunch, anyways." He manages to smile, not wanting to sound too harsh.