Chapter 48 - "For you, anything."

Magsimula sa umpisa

"What are they going to say about Hunter?" Lennon asked.

"It doesn't matter," Charlotte said. "No matter what people write, you knew the real Hunter and they can't change that."

Lennon took in a deep breathe.        

"Listen to me," Charlotte said. "I know, in the beginning, you were scared about people finding out about Hunter because his death was still so fresh. But it's been almost four years. There was a place for that fear, but not anymore."

Lennon nodded, realizing Charlotte was right. Hunter's death didn't hold the same sting has it had four years ago. She sank back into the couch, realizing her worst fear had come true and she had survived. Lennon didn't say anything for a long moment, letting her new reality settle in.

"You're right," she said. "I created this nightmare in my head, but now that it has happened, I realize it only the nightmare only terrified me because I gave it power."

"Exactly. Now you can move on without that fear haunting you," Charlotte said. "Now, do you need us to come out there? I don't want you alone."

"No, I'm not alone. I have Kade," Lennon said.

She smiled, realizing as she said the words that he was enough.

"Are you sure?"

"I'll be ok," Lennon said.

"Alright. I love you."

"Love you right back."

After Lennon hung up, she called Kade back into the room.

"Were you able to talk to Charlotte?" he asked.

"I was. It was comforting to hear her voice."

When he sat, she took his hand.

"Thank you for today," she said. "I don't know what I would have done without you there."

"Getting to you was the only thing I could think about," he said. "I'm so sorry this happened."

"I don't even know what to do," she said.

"You don't have to know. Not right now. Come here," he said.

He reached for her. She moved into his arms and rested her weary head on his chest.  Kade held her tightly. She felt like she could lay all her worries and fears on him.

"What's going to happen?" she asked.

"You'll probably have to draft a statement for the press," he said. "Then decide if you are willing to answer questions about Hunter in interviews. But that's just the unimportant stuff. The important thing is you are going to be alright. Look at me."

Lennon raised her head off his chest to meet his dark eyes.

"I know it might have felt like everything was falling apart today, but it's done."

She gave a small smile.

"I know," she said.

"The press stuff will come later," he said. "For now, we can hide out here for as long as you need."

Lennon snuggled closer to Kade.

"I wouldn't mind that," she said. "I feel like you've spent more time with the paparazzi in the last three weeks then you have with me."

"Well, I'm all yours for the next few days. In whatever capacity you need. I understand if you need space to think things over."

"Thank you," she said.