Chapter 38 - "How hot do I look?"

"To friends, both new," Will said, "and old!"

Lennon raised her glass and the air filled with the ringing of champagne flutes. The cool liquid fizzled in her mouth and she smiled as it went down.

"Woohoo!" Jessie yelled, doing a small dance. "To the New Year!" she added

Lennon raised her glass again and looked across the circle to Kade. She tried to hide her smile as she recognized the look on his face. A look that seemed to only make an appearance when Jessie was around. It was reserved with a touch of pain. His eyes met hers. She raised her eyebrow in an ever so slight question. One corner of his mouth twitched upwards.

"To the best night of our lives!" Noah said, lifting is glass.

"To the best New Years Eve performance. Let's get out there and give everyone the best show they have ever seen!" Kade said, cutting all other toasts off.

"Here here!" Will and Noah said.

The group dispersed and Kade casually made his way over to Lennon, at the same time Jessie did with her camera in hand.

"Miss Kayhill, are you ready for the best night of your life?" Jessie asked.

"Yes I am Miss Harper. Are you ready?" Lennon asked.

"Girl, I was born ready for this!" Jessie said. "And how about you Mr Matthews? Are you ready to give America the best New Years Eve performance?"

Kade put on a cocky stance and gave the camera his best smoldering look.

"We will give them nothing but the best," he said.

He broke character, a genuine smile spreading across his face.

"In all seriousness, we feel honored to be a part of this amazing tradition of performing at Times Square. We are going to make it a night to remember."

"As we all look back on the year," Jessie said. "What are some of your favorite memories?"

Lennon and Kade looked to each other at the same time.

"Touring definitely takes a top spot," Kade said. "Being able to travel the world and interact with fans is amazing, but I have to say meeting this one."

He gave Lennon's nose a playful pinch.

"And having her be my girl, is hands down, the best thing that has happened to me this year."

Lennon watched a smile play across Kade's mouth as he spoke. She was taken aback by the sincerity in his words. Jessie let out an animated "Aww". Lennon smiled, her eyes still on Kade.

"What about you Miss Kayhill?" Jessie asked.

Lennon turned to the camera.

"I have been able to do so many amazing things this year!" she said. "Touring was great and being able to meet so many fans was amazing! Working on my first full length album was a dream. But I do have to say, the best part of my year was meeting Kade, and getting to know the amazing person he is."

"You two are adorable!" Jessie said. "Any chance I could get some New Years resolutions from you?"

"My resolution is to put out an album!" Lennon said. "In fact, make sure you are following me on Twitter because I might have some news coming your way in the next couple of days!"

Jessie's eyebrows shot up in surprise and she turned the camera to face her.

"Ok people, this is not a drill!" Jessie practically shouted. "I'm hyperventilating. Someone get me a paper bag!"