Chapter 10 - "He must have finally come to his senses."

"Hey have you seen Will?" Lennon asked a passing crew member.

"No," he said with a shrug.

She continued walking down the long hall, stopping every person she passed.

"Do you know where Will is?"

"I think he is out by the stage," one of them said.

"Thanks," she called over her shoulder, picking up her pace.

The London arena was busy as the stage got put together and men in harnesses worked on the lighting. She quickly scanned the crowd, looking for Will and spotted him towards the back talking to one of his security guards. She approached slowly and waited off to the side until the conversation was done.

"Hey Lennon, what's up?" He asked cheerfully.

"Nothing much. How about you?" She asked.

She tried to hide how eager she was to get to the point.

"Well I - "

"Ok I lied," she said cutting him off. He laughed a little. "What's going on with Kade?"

"Is he being mean?" He asked, his expression becoming serious.

"No. That's why I want to know what's going on."

"He must have finally come to his senses."

"It's weird."

"No, it's nice."

"No, it's weird."

"At least he is making an effort," he said.

She gave him a suspicious look, sensing there was more then what he was saying but he kept his face innocent.

"And how did this all come about?"

"He must have realized that fighting with you for the next year was a lot harder then being nice."

"And..." She prompted, knowing there had to be more to the story.

"And Matt told him you two would start to drop hints about dating towards the end of the tour and then it would be official and you would have to hang out all the time."

"And..."

"And Noah and I told him you're not so bad."

She thought about taking that for an answer but there was something more that he wasn't saying.

"And..."

He seemed reluctant to continue. She folded her arms and gave him a look that told him she wasn't going anywhere until he continued.

"And I might have told him I would punch him if he didn't start acting nice to you."

"Thanks but you didn't have to do that," she said.

"Trust me, it was more for my sake then yours. I'm tired of the tension whenever he is in the same room with you. Plus it's just really stupid. You're nice, he actually isn't that bad when he isn't pinned into a corner."

She started to roll her eyes but he spoke up.

"Serious Lennon. I know he has been a jerk and I'm not excusing any of what he has done but he really isn't that bad. I've known the guy forever. It's just been a rough few years."

Will's voice was serious and it cut short any sarcastic comment she had planned on responding with.

"It's weird," she repeated.

He groaned in frustration.

"No, it's him trying to make an effort. Isn't this what you wanted?"