I lunged forward and dug my claws into my attacker. Strategy was the least of my worries. I held no regard for my own safety anymore. I just wanted to win, to kill, and to be with Ao again. That's all I want. I need. I hunger for it. She's all I need. I don't even need myself. I can't let anyone take that away from me!

My hands moved on their own; ripping and tearing into the man under me, digging into every inch of him, breaking him down until there was nothing left. Whenever his own claws scratched against my skin to stab me, I shoved his hands away, pinning them down. I howled and screeched my intensity but it would never lessen for it.

I'm not going to die. I'm going to be with Ao again when this is all over. I'm not about to give my life for anyone or anything. There's too much that I've given to this world. I'll be selfish. I won't die...!

Another howl left me to echo off the walls of the lobby. I punched, and slashed, and cut away, and stabbed, and cried out in anger. My attacker bit and scratched at me, but I was too wired to care about my wounds. I bit at his flesh too and ripped it away with little effort. Landing a smack against his face, a considerably loud crack rang in my ears and satisfied me. At one point, I couldn't feel myself fight anymore. Everything just became numb to me, or it felt like walking. Normal, easy, effortless, and insignificant. It felt okay.

While I was too distracted with my numbness, my attacker landed a scratch across my cheek and I hissed. He shoved me off onto the floor and his weight was now on top of me. He uttered a low, monstrous screech into my face as he began strangling me again, his claws digging into my skin. Just when it seemed he was about to finish me off, another animalistic roar boomed throughout the air, followed by a loud crash. Before I knew it, the man's weight was suddenly off of me and I was able to breathe properly. I heard a commotion going on to my left and sniffed the air for whatever else had just come in.

Seedeater.

While I lay on the floor holding my more critical wound, Seedeater made a ruckus attacking the undying man. His disgruntled yowls resonated in my ears and canceled out any sound the man was trying to make. The sounds of wet cracking and tearing was enough to tell me the level of Seedeater's damage. I would feel prouder if only I wasn't suddenly overloaded with pain.

A new voice echoed in the lobby and I recognized it immediately. Ben started shouting, joining in on the fight. More commotion stirred and quaked the floor. It wasn't long before I felt the electrified air of Ben's teleportation through the space nearby, and suddenly that other man's scent was gone. I let out a sigh of relief as I felt my antlers and claws retract. The floor was cold against the parts of my body where skin was exposed past torn clothes. Hot breath brushed past my body and I managed a small smile. Seedeater's head nudged against me and he stifled a quiet whine. I grabbed onto his muzzle and whispered to him, "Thank you..." He huffed and made a low whimper. Not too long after, Ben had come back and was at my side in no time.

"Jack! Jesus, you're super bloody..."

"I'll be fine," I murmured, "nothing a little resting won't fix..."

"You half-wendigos and your weird ass healing," he chuckled.

"Says the wraith that can reattach his damned head," I remarked.

"I haven't tried that, but I'm sure I could," he said as he started helping me up. It hurt to move now, so the most he could do was lean me against his lap.

"Ao...," I started, "the elevator dropped...she got trapped in it...she's back down in the SCP facility."

"I'll go and save her once I take you back to the mansion," he replied.