7 : Breakfast At McD's

While loading everything she needed into the moving truck she had not realised how painful was the whole ordeal was going to be. Seeing Gregory's things, remembering all the places they had made love spontaneously without a worry in the world. She could still feel him following her around in the house, watching her, judging her, making her feel inadequate for running away. She kept looking petrified not because she believed that she was being haunted by his ghost but she was haunted by his memories.

At the airport Eric was bidding farewell to Caitlynn and the kids. Caitlynn hugged him and wiped the tears that invaded her eyes.

"I promise I'll call as I reach Hampton."

"I know you will. Please take care and keep us posted." Eric said with a smile.

"You know I will." she said with a smile, at that moment the announcement came for her flight.

"Its time, sweety" Eric said and stepped back. The kids waved him good bye and he turned and left, Caitlynn pushed the trolley towards the boarding area.

They had landed at dawn and Ian had slept through out the flight, Violet and Matthew watched a movie and slept for a bit but Caitlynn couldn't get a wink of sleep. The provoking thought of a new beginning disrupted the little sleep she had intended to take in case the kids slept. She had booked a hotel online for them to stay in Hampton. She had chosen the place blindly but she wasn't going unprepared. She had found out a few neighbourhood that looked amazing for the kids. All she had to do was check in to the hotel, change and freshen up, have breakfast and then finally go "house-hunting"

****************

Juno stood watching Noah, he was fidgeting with the cookbook to actually preparing the food from scratch, but Juno didn't know that the only cooking he knew was sticking slices of bread into a toaster and applying either peanut butter and jam with it, the rest of the cooking involved with heating leftovers in the microwave but now with Juno he couldn't eat unhealthy forever, she was a growing child who had followed a healthy diet till now and with her mother gone Noah somehow felt responsible for anything remotely related to Juno. The moment he turned he found her staring at him, he was startled, he had not expected her to wake up at six am.

"What the hell Juno! Why are you up so early." Noah asked her.

"Out of habit, I guess." Juno replied with a smirk.

"You woke up at this hour normally?"

"Yep, its just I didn't know you too were an early riser." Juno said with a shrug.

"There are lots of things we don't know about one another Juno. If you are comfortable we can sit down and talk. You know that I'm always there for you." Noah tried and her expression changed. When she woke up that morning, she could hear Noah singing let her go from the passenger, she had not heard the song before but the lyrics to the song really touched her or may be it could have been Noah's voice. She came down and watched him sing and cook, but as Noah saw her, his face had turned concerned and she hated it. She liked it when he was himself and around her, he was never himself.

"I don't have anything to say."

"Okay then, what do you normally have for breakfast." Noah asked changing the subject swiftly.

"You don't have to make anything for me."

"Honestly I'm sick and tired of re-heating food. I think I'm going to give them away to a homeless person or something. There's too much food and just the two of us." Noah said opening the fridge and looking at her for approval.