3 : Never.Giving.Up!

Gregory Cambell was feeling uneasy, he had spoken to Beth about what happened and she couldn't wait for "the drama to unfold" her words had made him realize that there was no turning back from this. He wasn't very eager to leave, he loved Beth but he also loved being with his kids. He had talked to Beth about having kid, but had not been too keen to have the conversation, said she had issues having them. He had not pressed on the matter.

Sometimes he would wish his life wasn't as messed up as it was, he should have come clean with Caitlynn the moment he started to grow feelings for Beth. More than a wife, Caitlynn was his only friend, he could never forget how she had stood up to the bullies and went up to any extend to make him smile. He was having a bad feeling that something was about to go wrong when this trip was over. The more he thought about Caitlynn and the kids the more he didn't want this trip to end. He wasn't sure how were they going to sit down with the kids and tell them that they are going to get separated. Heck he wasn't sure if he would have asked for a divorce if she wouldn't have found it in his study.

He knew Caitlynn's anger had not subsided. What happened the previous night was just a tip of the iceberg. He had known her his whole life and he had seen her change from a reckless teenager to a responsible mother.

If Violet, Matthew and Ian knew the real Caitlynn Clark, they would know that she was full of life, no one really knew how rogue she was from the inside, but some thing changed in her since her parents passed away, she started becoming extra cautious about what people thought and said, Gregory's parents Heather and Eric loved her like their own but she never felt like home, only Gregory knew and saw what Caitlynn really was capable off. He was the only sane thing that kept her from running away from his house. She never liked people sympathizing over her situation and acting like they knew what it felt like to lose both parent felt like, but she never spoke a word against anyone. Slowly she shut herself off from everyone at school and in the town. The first gossip that people got against her was her being pregnant. They couldn't believe how the goody-two-shoes-Caitlynn could get recklessly pregnant. But for Caitlynn, carrying a child had turned her life around. She was scared and excited at the same time. Scared thinking now whatever she did effected her child and excited because she was finally going to have someone who she could call her own.

Caitlynn became a perfect mother, who woke up before the kids, started the day with coffee and gets the laundry going, made breakfast and got their lunch bags sorted, woke up the kids, gave them a bath made them wear their neat cloths and got them ready for the day. The drive to their school were filled with advises on how important it was to chose the right friends and to never let anyone bully them and they tell her about the things that happened at school. After school Violet had Ballet classes and Matthew had his Karate Classes. Ian had his play group during the day and then he had his swimming classes. She would be done making dinner by the time it was time to pick them up from their respective classes. Both Violet and Matthew would be done with their homework before dinner time and they slept by eight. And that was the time when Caitlynn would sit down with her laptop and work on her books. She wrote self help books, she was modest about her writing, Gregory had said that she didn't have what it takes to be a good writer. It broke her heart, writing was all she did her entire life. His words had broke her and she had given up writing for a very long time. It was only after Matthew was born that one day she happened to get a call from a publisher saying they had read her blog and asked if she could write a book for them. And within a month she met with a publisher and they had liked her work and signed the contract. She insisted that it gets published under a pen name, Tiffany Clark.

****************