16 : Mattie's Secret..

"What ever you are trying to do, I don't think its going to work." Caitlynn observed. They had reached the lake house, Violet and Juno were in one of the rooms talking and reading, Ian was still sleeping, they had allowed Matt to walk outside within the vicinity. They both were outside but away from his view. They wanted to see what he was up to.

"I don't need your opinon you little pessimist." Noah said looking away.

"You are going to fail miserably, I just don't want you get your hopes up. We went through therapies after therapy but he wouldn't budge, doctors couldn't find anything wrong with him, the accident didn't hurt him bad enough for him to lose his voice, but he never talked after the incident." she explained.

"Patience dear.."

"I have been nothing but patient Noah." Caitlynn said being impatient.

"And soon you will be rewarded for that!" Noah held her hand a little longer than required. She laughed and the moment was gone. Now more than ever he wanted this to work.

They patiently watched Matt going after butterflies and running around with a smile, that was when he suddenly heard a sound, he saw there was a lonely kitten, Matt saw the kitten, he looked around for the mother but no other cat was in sight.

"Did you plant that kitten there?" she asked.

"Nope, I'm as surprised as you are." Caitlynn looked at him trying to find out if he was telling the truth but he kept looking at Matt with a straight face.

"Miss Clark you might want to look at your son and not skip a beat." Caitlynn saw Matt getting closer to the kitten.

"You don't think we are going to keep that thing at home right?" Caitlynn looked at Noah and he tilted his head and ranked his fingers through his hair and smiled sheepishly.

"Right Noah?!" Caitlynn asked again.

"You did say anything for him to speak again. Anything to get him back to the happy go lucky guy he was." Noah said in all seriousness.

"I didn't mean for you to give me extra responsibilities." Caitlynn groaned.

"Well you can get help from Vi and Juno. I'm sure they would love to help, besides its just a kitten, how much of a chaos could a kitten make?" Noah said reassuring her.

"You keep it then, if its not much of a chaos! Let see how much space it's going to take at your place, at your place it's just you and Juno, you could easily take in a kitten." Caitlynn said, Noah laughed.

"I can hardly keep Juno alive, let alone a kitten, we both are practically living in your house and eating your food. There's no place for pets no matter how tiny and cute it is.." Noah said with a wink.

"How thoughtful."

"Look." Noah pointed at Matt. He was on his knees looking at the kitten but wasn't getting close to it nor running away. Noah could swear the little riot did the cutest noise that melted Caitlynn's heart too. It didn't take a second longer for Matt to hug the kitten, Caitlynn gasped and held Noah's hand and squeezed. Noah watched her but she was tearing up seeing Matt showing some emotion and then the magic happened. He tried to speak to the kitten

"I don't know if mum is going to allow to keep you, but I'm going to ask." Matt spoke softly to the little kitten.

Caitlynn couldn't believe her eyes and ears did she really hear Matt's voice.

Noah pulled Caitlynn before reacted.

"Noah!" Caitlynn objected.

"There's something you need to hear before you go talk to him." Noah said pulled her away from Matt's reach.