19: Observations.. Imaginations..

Caitlynn woke up as Noah pulled over. Noah looked in the rear mirror and saw all the kids were sleeping. Noah smiled at her and she smiled back. He didn't want to let go of the hand he had held her hands and his feelings for so long. He smiled thinking he was never this clingy about anyone, but when he saw her in the restroom all he wanted to do was to hug her and never let her go. At first he had held her hand to make her feel like what happened the previous night had meant something to him, but later on when she held his hand, he was reassured that the feelings were mutual, that brought about an unknown smile on his face, he had been in relationships before but for some odd reason he found Caitlynn so much different.

"We're home." Noah said.

"Yes we are.." they both fell silent, both of them wanted to get closer but both of them knew the consequences of acting on the spur of moment. Noah pulled her hand for a kiss and then let go as soon as he kissed it. She smiled as she got out of the car, tried to keep her cool like this was something that always happened to her in the past when on the contrary this was very novel to her, this feeling that was bubbling in her heart was the reason of the smile she was trying to hide from Noah.

As they got down Noah picked up Ian from the baby seat and he was still sleeping. Violet and Juno went to pick their belongings from the car and Matt was busy with the kitten. Caitlynn opened the door and Noah went to Ian's crib to lay him down, she followed him and watched him laying Ian in his crib and tucking him with the blanket.

"Does he need to be changed?" Noah asked Caitlynn who was too lost to comprehend the sentence.

"Huh?" She said, Noah smiled and stepped closer to her, she took a few back steps to maintain a decent distance between them. She did not want to give him any wrong ideas when she herself wasn't sure about the feelings she was developing for him.

"I asked does his diaper need to be changed?" Noah asked again with a smile.

"No, he wouldn't sleep if he had soiled his diaper." Caitlynn answered, she didn't want to be alone with him, she thought he was going to start with "we have to talk" but instead he just walked passed her to the hall.

"Let's go Juno." Noah said to Juno.

"Can she stay Noah, she's helping me and Mattie with the kitten." Violet asked him, he looked at Caitlynn but she had a neutral expression.

"Do you know anything about kittens?" Noah asked Juno.

"More than you for sure." she muttered in response.

"Juno.." Caitlynn gave Juno a questioning look, as though reminding her of something.

"I'll come later Vi." she said to Violet.

"You can come back after you have kept your stuff at home and get changed." Caitlynn said.

"Thanks." Juno said looking at Caitlynn. Noah looked at Caitlynn and she made a face saying she had nothing to do with this change.

"See you at dinner. I'll come early and help you." Noah said to Caitlynn softly. 

"That wouldn't be necessary." she whispered back.

"Oh I insist. I'll be here a little later on." saying this Noah picked up Juno's and his bag and walked out of the door, Juno followed him.

"What was that all about?" Noah asked Juno when they entered their house. 

"you First Noah! Why don't you tell me what is brewing between you and Caitlynn." Juno thought there was no point in beating around the bush, she noticed there was something going on the way he acted when she was around, at first she thought he was hitting on her but then she saw he was trying really hard, she really didn't want him to do something to screw the relationship she had with Caitlynn and Violet, it was because of them that the days were being bearable and she was not ready to compromise what they had if Noah was simply trying to get into Caitlynn's pants.