4 : See If I care!

I just want to take a moment and appreciate all the people who read "Charred Promises" Thank you so much for the amazin' response guys. It really means the world to me when you guys read, vote, comment and have them in your reading list :) So big shout out to all the awesome readers out there. Its because of you, awesome readers, that writers can do what they love the most.. :)

-Nish.R

"So are we good to go?" Beatrice asked her doctor.

"As good as you could ever be, but I still need be near by, no travelling for long and rest whenever you feel tired." Dr Shaw said narrowing his blue eyes on Noah.

"Thank you Charley, you know I owe you big time!" Beatrice said holding Noah's hand, he smiled back and tried to calm the argument he was having with himself internally.

"No problem. I do need to talk to your brother in private if you don't mind, Beatrice."

"Don't be Dr. Shaw with him, be my friend Charley and say whatever you want to say but don't back him off this trip, it means a lot to me Charley, I want this more than anything." she got up and Noah helped her walk outside. "I'll be outside when you are done." Beatrice said to Noah and he nodded.

"I want to tell you that all this is a really bad idea." Dr. Shaw said.

"I know."

"Then why cant you make an excuse and cancel this trip. I know this is what she wants, but she's weak and broken from inside and Juno doesn't need to see another day her mother not being able to do things on her own. I'm sure you are the reason she feel like she can do this." Dr. Shaw said calmly. This was a close knit community and everyone knew one another, they supported one another and stood by one another and he knew Beatrice has a brother who never visited when their mother died, he had not known the reason but his heart went out to Beatrice and Juno who stood beside her mother during the therapy.

"I know that too." Noah said again.

"You know all this and still you couldn't talk her out of it?"

"I don't know what am I supposed to do, other than the fact that she asked for one thing from me and I couldn't refuse it." Noah said simply.

"I'm not sure I understand what are you trying to say."

"That makes the two of us." Noah mumbled.

"Are you all right Mr. Summer? You are not making sense." Dr. Shaw said.

"The thing is I have been away for fifteen years and I have missed out a lot of things, heck I didn't even know that I had a niece till she told me. She had to go through it all alone and she didn't bother to find me or let me know about her situation all this while and I made sure she never finds me. But now as she has, she trusted me and asked me for this one thing and I'm going to make sure I make her smile even if it's the last thing that we do together." Noah said with heavy heart.

"If you take her, this probably will be the last thing you guys do together." Dr. Shaw said sitting back on his chair.

"Then shouldn't I do my best to distract her from her obvious fate and make the best memories out of the little time that is left." Noah got up extended his hand towards Dr. Shaw, he shook and nodded his head and Noah turned around and left the room. The truth was Noah was freaking out from the inside, he agreed completely with the doctor and inside his head he was debating the same thing with his inner conscious. Its always easier said than actually done, he had never once allowed his heart to decide on his behalf, but this was his Bessie, his own blood, the one person in front of whom he could let down his shield.