15: Support System..

Noah's train of thoughts were wrecked when he heard the doorbell. He opened it thinking it was Juno but it was Caitlynn. He sighed, let her in closed the door.

"She's okay."

"Thanks." Noah walked to the fridge he wished he had beer or something to stop his mind from thinking about the past.

"Don't be so hard on yourself, everything is going to be okay. I'm sure you both will figure a way out, Juno is a very smart girl, you know.." Caitlynn said making Noah crack a smile.

"I don't think I can do this, I'm not cut out to play family guy." Noah said coming a sitting next to her on the couch, he handed her apple juice and she took it. They both drank their drinks in silence. They both were thinking of their disturbing past yet they found solace in each other's company.

"You know when all this happened with me, I thought what was my fault? I thought why wasn't I good enough for him? But now I realise, that our love wasn't enough for him. He didn't think about me or my kids before going ahead and cheating on me. I was going to sign the papers anyway, cause I don't want to be with someone who has to live with me. What happened, happened and no matter how much I want things to have played out differently, it won't change the fact of what actually happened. And I'd like to believe those things are the reason I'm here today, living this life."

"What doesn't kill you.. Only makes you stronger." Noah said taking the empty juice boxes and throwing them away.

"True, I never thought I could do this all alone. I packed up my bag and came here without knowing anyone in this town. I was freaking out from the inside but calm and composed on the outside. I'm still swinging it Noah. You think you're not cut out to play family man but actually you have been family man since I have seen you." Caitlynn smiled.

"It's all an act Clark"

"How so?"

"It's different with Juno, she hates me." Noah said, Caitlynn waited for him to continue but he didn't want to elaborate, maybe he was scared to show the sensitive side he had.

"How could she possibly hate you when she doesn't even know you?"

"Exactly my point, it's so difficult to talk to her, she keeps rubbing it on my face that I wasn't around when Beatrice was unwell, she also assumes that I'm going to abandon her someday." Noah said looking away. Caitlynn could see that it was something he was beating himself about.

"Again, she doesn't know you. She's hurt Noah, she's lost her mother and she's living with a person who doesn't open up about anything about his past, she doesn't know what's going to happen in the future, will you be around to see her grow into the woman she's going to become some day? So many changes happening to her body and soul, she's just confused what to trust and what not to.. You can't completely blame her for being so sceptical." Caitlynn said.

"that's something I myself am trying to figure out, but she's not helping with the situation." Noah said.

"Give her a break, God know we all need it sometimes." Caitlynn said getting up from the couch and heading to the kitchen.

"I guess she's just like me, my sister had said me that we were similar in many ways and now I see it." Noah said following her in to the kitchen.

"I wish you would give both of you a chance to get to know each other, you both were pushed into a relationship either of you had anticipated and now are bonded whether you like it or not. She's also a child Noah. A child trying to figure out to adjust with her bodily changes, her hormonal imbalances, her surroundings and on top of that you, Noah, just like you think she hates you, she thinks you hate her."