The New Artisit In Town

Scarlet's' POV

If living on this Earth for 22 years has taught me anything, it would be that there is no such thing as evil. With every thing that has happened in this pathetic thing I call a life, I still choice to believe that evil is just a word. A artificial term that we put a strong meaning to describe people or events around us. But just as many other words we ,as a whole, over use for such a strong feeling. We forget that each word we throw out carry a different wight for certain people. What one thinks is harmless is a knife in the back to others. There are so many people who are barely afloat without all the hateful words you speak. The people who do realize the effects of these word such as "evil" or"hate" think they are "strong" word to describe a deep feeling a disagreement or unsatisfactory. But most people forget about terms such as "love", another word that is overly used on a daily bases. It may have a pleasing meaning but when you can not stand by your word it can hurt just as much as negative words. So that's why I chose to be a loner, to never let people in too deep. People think I'm shy but that is not it. I just have a low tolerance for other people bull shit. Which is the reason why I'm moving in the first place. Some snotty bitch learned not to mess with me the hard way, beside her face looks so much better now.

Anyway, so here I am in my black BMW x6 on my way to my aunts old house.  Aunt May died last mouth of cancer and since  I'm her only family left she left everything to me. Tired of the endless driving I stopped at a cute little cafe called Benny's coffee for a drink. I open the door and walk in as a little silver bell welcomes me in from the cold, crisp, night air. The place was as any other cafe with a counter on the far wall and tables scattered here and there. At one of the table was a group of bad ass looking guy with leather jackets and a few towns people sat as far away from them as possible. I walked passed the noise bad boys and take a seat at a table next to the window.  As I wait for a waitress to realize I'm here I pull out my sketch pad and start drawing anything that came to mind. But being so later at night my mind only thought of coffee so I drew a picture of just that. I let my pencil dance across the page untill my final image was of hands holding a coffee mug, a gray sweater came to her wrist with rings on her fingers.

" Well that is just beautiful hon, where in the seven seas did you learn to draw like that?" Came a voice braking the glass box of a world I find myself in when I draw. 

I look up to a lady in he later 30's standing beside me looking at what I had just done. Her chocoholic hair was up in a high bun and she wore a white shirt with a light brown skirt  and a white apron. She wore bright red lip stick and blush upon the apples of her cheeks. Over all she didn't look half bad.

" Oh, I just can. I never took lessons." I reply signing my name in the lower right corner of the page.

"Well that is just something.  Anyway what can I get you sugar?" She asks pulling out a note pad and pen.

" Can I have coffee with both cream and sugar and you can tell the cook to surprise me with my pastry. I've never been here so I'm trusting him." I reply smiling.

She laughs and nodes her head, walking away. You hear the group of guys laugh loud not caring for others, but hey, nether would I. I just roll my eyes and flip to a new page in my sketch book and start drawing a rose. Then I hear the conversion of boys a few tables ahead of me.

" So Jax have you found someone to design your new tattoo?" Asked a guy at the bad boy table. He had messy brown hair with a plain white shirt. His blue eyes shown from under his dark eye lashes that all sat upon his high cheek bones with tan skin to top it off.

"Not someone who can draw just what I want." Replies a blown guy who I assume is Jex, just like his friend he was really attractive with high cheek bones,  long lashes and honey kissed skin. But his eyes where green and he had blown hair with brown routs.

I hear shoes and then the voice of the sweet waitress as she say " Well how about you boys ask that sweet girl over there. I've seen her work, it amazing." Then I hear shoes coming closer untill finally she stops by my table and lays a piece of cheese cake in front of me then a coffee mug. I thank her as I sign my name to my rose and give it to her.

" Well thank you, you know roses are my favorite." She say with a smile then walks away. I start eating and when I look up I see the table of boys watching me.

"Staring is rude." I say then flip them the bird and start eating again. I knew that was rude but as you knew I not much of a people person. But my smart ass comment didn't seem phase them as they started to laugh.

Next thing I know the boy named Jax was seating across me. Up close he seem to be around my age maybe a bit older. 

"Hey." He says in a smooth voice. 

" Hi." I reply taking a sip of my coffee switching my left leg over my right leg.

"I'm Jax and that's Lars, Brendan, and Ace." He introduced. 

"I'm Scarlet, New to town." I reply.

"So I heard you an artist so I was wan-"

"Wandering if I would design your tattoo." I say cutting him off.

"Oh, so you heard that?" He said rubbing the back of his neck.

"Talking is teaching, listening is learning." I replied then pushed my food aside and pull my sketch pad in front of me.

"Okay tell me what you what you want so I can pay and go home." I say.

He smiles and then says" I want something that show the deeper side of me. The me no one see's."

I immediately start drawing a line a crossed the page then start with the four-arm going in to the water. At this point all his friends crowd around me as I work.

"If you down stop breathing down my neck I will punch you in the ball and by the way you need a mint" I say not looking up from my page to the fool that is standing too close for my liking's. 

I feel him back off then I put my full attention to the pencil that transferred my thoughts to images. I work on the wrist then start making the bony hand  and add ripples on top of the water. To finish it off I signed my name and my number with a little note in the lower right corner on the back this time then give it to Jax .{Picture at the top}

He studies it then smiles."Its perfect Scarlet. So where you heading?"

" To my new home on Via Giuseppe Prezzolini St." I reply pulling of my wallet and paying for my Coffee then grabbing my stuff and stand then start walking away only for Jax to grab my arm.I turn to look at him with a 'what the fuck' expression.

" Do you know where your going? If not I can show you I pass  that street on my way home any way." He says rubbing the back of his neck.

I give him a little giggle and reply" Nah, I got this. But if fate has it's way I'll see you later." then I turn around and walk out.