Definition: Travis (Minecraft Diaries)

Travis looked at the surface of the water, frowning at his reflection. His hair was still snow white, his eyes the toxic green he was so used to, but his skin was a charcoal grey, with horns coming out the sides of his head and large teeth sticking out the sides of his mouth making him almost look like an angry bore. He hated how he looked, especially now that his powers were becoming more and more powerful.

In the past three years his powers seemed to have doubled and became harder to control, which was one of the many things that convinced him to leave Phoenix Drop in order to learn how to control it... though that was harder to do when this demonic form kept taking over his looks. He hated looking like this, it was not only disgusting, but distracting as well.

Travis growled, pulling the hood of his cloak over his head before he walked into his house, closing all the blinds, blocking out all the outside light so that only the candlelight flickered across the room. Travis then sat in the middle of the floor, surrounded by mounds of journals, all of which belonged to his mother. He was hoping that somewhere in all of these books he would be able to find something to help him.

He picked one of the journals up, turning to his marked page before he began to read it.

"My Darling son has gotten so big in the past year but it's becoming clear that he has not only gotten that man's ability to change his appearance but also the powers that he possessed as well. I'm afraid that I won't be able to help him with his powers... I have to put a stop to that man before he kills everybody on this island, unfortunately... the only way I can thick of to defeat him would result in my death... I don't want to leave my son, but I can't stand the thought of his father being able to control him..."

Travis frowned, glaring at the words as he flipped the page.

"I have decided... I have no choice, I must put a stop to this before my beautiful son is hurt or worse. I will be leaving tonight, likely never to return and... I suspect that the one reading this is you, Travis. If it is you then I just want you to know that I love you. I love you so so much and I want you to know that just because your father may be a bad person doesn't mean that you will be. Your family doesn't define who you are, don't let anything but your actions define you. I love you, Travis, please never forget that."

Travis sniffled, and closed the book. Gripping the leather tightly as he pulled it to his chest and smiled. He was going to find the answers in these books, he had to, and now he had something to keep him going. Despite what he looked like, how crazy his powers got, his mother had loved him and believed in. Now all he had to do was believe in himself.