Chapter 10: Kisses and Happy Thoughts

Zacznij od początku

Peter eyed the kiss with a curious expression. This was a kiss? He didn't see what was so magical about it. But it was a gift from Wendy, and she said it was magical so it must be true.

"Thank you Wendy," Peter replied sincerely and put the "kiss" into the pouch on his belt. "Now!" Peter leapt up from the window seat. He looked down at Wendy and grinned, this was his favorite part! "Are you ready to learn the last part of flying?" He didn't wait for a response, "Great! The last part is Happy thoughts! First things first! We need dust!"

Wendy raised an eyebrow, "Dust?"

Peter started to rummage through his pouch. "Uh huh! Dust. Pixie dust to be exact!"

Wendy tilted her head, "Pixie dust? Oh! Pixies! Like your fairy? Tinkerbell? I remember her from my stories, but I haven't actually met her. Could you introduce me? I'd love to meet a real fairy! How magical that must be!"

"Yep!" Peter scratched his head only half listening to Wendy. He couldn't find his extra pixie dust! He could have sworn it was in the pouch last time he looked. Tink had given him extra just in case she was never around. Not that he needed it to fly, but you never know when pixie dust could come in handy. Where was his extra pixie dust?

"Come to think of it, where is Tinkerbell, Peter? Doesn't she usually come with you? I thought she always flew with you, does she not?" Wendy enquired, gesturing with her hands.

Peter looked up in surprise, caught off guard by the question. "No she does, it's just...she's with me and sometimes she stays in Pixie Hollow. But I don't know why she wouldn't come tonight. She put up such a fuss. And she turned redder than Smee's hat when I said I was coming to the city."

"Oh?" Wendy was curious, "What would make her so upset?"

Peter rubbed his chin and absentmindedly played with an acorn strung around his neck. "That's just it, I don't know! Fairies are so tiny they can only hold one emotion at a time, but I couldn't figure out why she was angry! Girls are sure strange!"

Wendy was about to open her mouth to agree, but decided against it at the last minute. The children sat in the silence of their thoughts for a moment.

Peter looked down at the acorn he was playing with in confusion. When did he get that? Not a second later he could have slapped himself.

"Of course!" Peter exclaimed!

Wendy jumped startled by his sudden outburst. "Of course what?"

"I should have realized!"

"Realized what?" Wendy questioned.

Peter looked at Wendy and back at the acorn and smiled triumphantly. "Dust!"

Wendy wasn't following, and her expression showed it. Peter grabbed Wendy's hand and pulled her over to the window seat. He carefully popped the top of the acorn off and poured a small amount of something into his hand. Smiling, Peter held out his hand to Wendy.

Wendy gasped! The moonlight caught the dust turning it into a thousand grains of tiny gold diamonds. It was beautiful!

"Neat huh?"

Wendy only nodded.

Feeling a little mischievous Peter raised his hand to his mouth. Wendy followed his movement with curious eyes. Then with devilish grin Peter blew the dust onto Wendy's face.

The dust formed a cloud and settled onto her hair and face. Wendy was opening her mouth to scold Peter when she felt a very un-lady-like sneeze coming on. She quickly turned away and covered her mouth.