Truth

Currently I was snuggling into Takashi's chest, and he was sleeping under me. They had taken the cloth from around my eyes, not wanting me to loose my sight.
I was watching Takashi sleep, he was so handsome, and reminded me a lot of Ryu...
Ryu, oh how I miss him. My fiancé at the time was such a gentle man. Not as tall as Takashi, but they had a lot of the same traits. Difference was he liked to talk and joke around with me.
I guess that's why I can't stand jokes now, they were always a reminder. Almost everything was a reminder at first, but after a while I stopped looking for them.
Takashi... a gentle giant, was the only person that stayed in color. It took me a second, but I realized that Takashi was no longer asleep.

He gave me a gentle smile, and I turned red realizing I had been staring at him

"Kaoko...Why didn't you tell me?" He asked, his smile sliding away but his eyes were still gentle.
I looked away and squirmed against him, not being able to answer him, he sighed.
"I would have protected you, you know that right?" I looked up at him with wide eyes and he sighed again.
He suddenly began to gently pet me,"your going to be living with me." Instantly my face flushed and I clutched onto his shirt, my eyes wide.
"...calm down Hideaki is gone." I froze at those words, my mouth dropping open.
I jerked up, sitting on his chest I stared down at him. He watched me with sad eyes, "He was hurting you. We came in to get you, but when cornered his mother killed him. Almost killed herself too."
I sat there taking it all in when I felt it, I just crumbled. My heart clenched, and I squeezed my eyes shut as tears started to fall. Hiding against Takashi's chest, I began to sob.
I don't really know exactly why I was crying, maybe it was because of all the things I went through. All I know is that Takashi wrapped his arms around me.
I clutched onto his shirt and wheezed out sounds that were incomprehensible. He took everything from me, and he's just gone. Like that.
Takashi seemed to understand my pain and just quietly held me. He gently rubbed my back, and after a while I began to calm down.
Well, now I was just crying into his chest slowly going limp. He pulled the blankets up to my shoulders and commanded,"sleep."
Easily, I slipped into a dreamless sleep.
-Time Skip-

I woke up to the sound of a crash and,
"Tamaki, he's trying to sleep. Can you not try to wake up the patient?" Kyoya drawled out.
"Well.."
"What blood type is he?" The twins asked cheekily.
"Blood AB...why is there something wrong with MY blood type?"
I slowly sat up, rubbing my eyes as I awkwardly yawned. When I looked around everyone was frozen, except Kyoya and Takashi.
I flushed when I realized everyone was looking at me, and I twiddled my thumbs nervously.
Takashi smiled and stepped forward, running a hand through my hair. Looking up at him I nibbled on my bottom lip before smiling back.
"You need food." Takashi grunted out, and this caused everyone to unfreeze. Honey jumped over to the side of my bed with a giggle,"want some cake?"
I blushed and gave a small shake of my head, not sure how well I'd be able to eat it.
"How would he?..." Haruhi trailed off, paling slightly as the question rolled around in her head.
I looked at Kyoya as he coughed into his hand and started to speak,"Due to this horrible incident taking place in Tamaki's fathers school, he has agreed to pay to try and get your tongue reattached. The tongue was found in the cooks freezer, he claimed to be safe keeping it. You are on a liquid diet, but your tongue is on ice, and waiting for your decision." He turned a bit pale throughout his speech, but I just stared outside a window.
'Should I try it?' I fiddled with my fingers looking down into my lap, then gave a small nap to Kyoya.
Everyone looked relieved, and I didn't realize this but they saw this as a step to return to myself.
Takashi took my hand and smiled at me, causing me to blush gently.
"Your surgery will be soon, we have the best ready for my command. I'll go talk to a nurse now. You'll have soup heading your way in a minute." With that he headed out.
A nurse came in and hustled everyone out,"time to change."

 As I was taking off my shirt I heard the door open, and turned to see Takashi standing there, holding a fluffy stuffed bear

As I was taking off my shirt I heard the door open, and turned to see Takashi standing there, holding a fluffy stuffed bear. Flushing I looked away, silence falling over the room.
After a second he walked to me and gently hands me the teddy. I look down at it, and suddenly something dropped onto it.

I sniffled and hugged the bear close to me looking up at Takashi with a smile

I sniffled and hugged the bear close to me looking up at Takashi with a smile. He gave me a gentle one back,
"You'll see the world soon." Then he gently kissed my forehead and headed out the door.
I stood there for a second, my eyes wide as tears trailed down my face.
'How did he know I cried because I couldn't tell what color the bear was?'
Shaking my head I snuggled the bear and sat on the bed waiting for the nurse to return.