Chapter 22

I walked up to her and ripped the L shaped necklace off of her neck as her smug smile quickly faded into a disgusted, but surpised, look.
"What the hell is wrong with you??" She spat at me as she took the broken necklace out of my trembling hands. "You can't just barge in here and hug my boyfriend knowing that hes your ex!!"

i was screaming at her, my blonde hair all overmy face. "oh sweety, he wont be your boyfriend for long". i took a step towards her and slapped her across her porcelain face and heard her yell as lucas pulled me back. "Maya! Maya!"

As i snapped back to reality, i realized that i had just imagined the slap and the necklace ripping. "oh sorry i was just.. umm.. i was just admiring your necklace, its so pretty. where did you get it?"

she looked down on it and smiled as she wrapped it around her index finger. "my dad gave this to me on my 14th birthday before he passed away of Brain Cancer the next year. His name was Leonardo," she chuckled as she let go of the necklace and looked at me with sad, tired eyes. "When my mom and dad were first dating, she would call him ninja turtle."

She came close to me and showed me the back of the necklace.

It had a very small little turtle on the vertical side of the 'L', with a small blue ribbon, and the smallest little words: "daddy's little girl".

She walked backed to where she was standing and smiled at me.

"That's beautiful Lottie."

I instanly regretted imagining ripping off her necklace.

Lucas's grandma hugged Lottie and checked her watch.

"My my, it's getting a bit late, sweetie. Maybe you should get going, we'll see you tomorrow!"

She said her goodbyes and we all went to sleep after that without saying one word.

''Alright dear, this will be the room you'll be sleeping in. There's extra blankets in the closet if you get cold. Feel free to use the bathroom during the night. If you get to cold, you can use this heater to warm up. Sleep well honey!" She walked out of the room, turned the lights off and went to bed.

I waited 15 minutes to make sure everyone was asleep before I sneaked out of my room to find Lucas.

As I got out of bed I slowly opened the door and tiptoed to the room next to mine. I slowly opened the door to find Lucas peacfully sleeping in his bed with a small little horse nightlight turned on next to his bed.

I sneakily slipped next to him and pulled the covers over me. He turned to me, eyes half closed and smiled at me.

"What are you doing pancake?"

I snuggled closer to him as he put his arms around me and held me close.

"She's really pretty, I can see why you liked her."

He kissed the top of my head and closed his eyes.

''Yeah, she is pretty, but she's nothing compared to you, Miss Maya Penelope Hart."

"I love you Lucas."

"I love you to Maya."

COULD I GET ANY WOOOORSE AT WRITING. obviously i can lolololololol. sorry that i take forever, sometimes i forget that wattpad exists... ANYWAYS... EnJoy... or don't.... it's ok if you don't... lolz :>