Chapter 22

"Lucas! Honey! We've missed you!!" His aunt went up to hug him as I stood there awkwardly watching.

He let go of her and quickly grabbed me by the waist. "Aunt Leila, this is Maya Hart, my girlfriend."

She raised an eyebrow and looked me up down, observing my gray crop top, blue jeans, and my long baby blue cardigan with my white converse.

She raised a finger and curled my hair with her index. "Beautiful hair! Wow Lucas she's quite the looker!" She smiled at me and grabbed Lucas's hand, leading us towards her living room where there were about 20 people with the biggest smiles.

"Lucas!" They all yelled as the started coming towards us.

I was pushed to the side by the crowd of people as they all hugged Lucas.

A little brown headed girl came up to me and pulled on my cardigan. "I'm Genevieve , Lucas is my favorite uncle in the whole wide world!"

She ran away, leaving me with my mouth wide open. Lucas had never mentioned having a sister..

"Grammy Cheryl! How are you! Look, there's someone I want you to meet." He grabbed her hand and walked towards me.

She was very little, 5'0, blue eyeshadow and a cute little yellow dress with some sandals. Her hair was all white, curly, and short. She had the whitest smile and prettiest nails. Purple with white flowers.

"Hi, I'm Maya." I said as I tucked a strand of hair behind my hair and stuck my hand it to shake her hand.

"Oh sweetie, we don't hand shake here."

She came up to me and engulfed me in a huge hug, leaving her minty smell on me.

"This is my girlfriend, Grammy. She's very special to me."

She grabbed my hands and leaned in closer to me. "Is he always this cheesy?" She asked as she chuckled.

I laughed along as she patted my hand. "Alrighty Maya well it was nice to meet you, I'm gonna help your aunt Leila set up outside."

She smiled at us and proceeded to walk out of the two French doors leading into their large back yard.

"Your grandmother is so cute Lucas."

He put his arm around me and kissed the top of my head.

"I'm so glad your here with me Maya. I wouldn't want anyone else here with me."

I smiled at him and was about to ask him who Genevieve was when his aunt came out announcing that dinner was ready.

"Cmon let's go eat."

I followed him outside and grabbed a plate, serving myself corn, mashed potatoes, a piece of meat and a bottle of water.

I sat down next to Lucas, his cousin Sandra, and best friend Zay.

As I approached the table I heard Lucas talk very angrily to Zay.

"No Zay, I will not let you date my cousin, no way. She's like a sister to me."

I sat down and smiled at the two people in front of us.

"Hi I'm Maya."

I smiled at them and they smiled back.

"Yeah, hi nice to meet you.. anyways, Lucas it doesn't matter what you want, we're extremely happy together and that's final."

Lucas looked over at me and pointed at the two.

"This is my best friend Zay and my cousin Sandra. She's like a sister to me, we grew up together and they're dating. Now please tell them that my best friend and my sister can not date eachother!"

I looked over at them and took a bite out of my corn.

I swallowed it and drank some water.

"If you guys are happy then you should go for it. Don't let Mr. Grumpy Pants," I pinched his cheeks and shook his head, "ruin what you guys have."

I let go of his face and kissed his cheek. He rolled his eyes at me and slowly smiled at Zay.

"SHES A KEEPER EVERYONE!" Zay yelled as everyone looked at us and then continued to eat.

''So are you guys really dating?" I ask as I fill my mouth with corn.

Zay smiles at me and then at Sandra. "We could be."

He put his arm around her and she quickly scooted over. "In your dreams."

Lucas looked over at me and smiled.

"They wanted to see what you would say.. don't ask me why, they just did."

I ruffled his hair and kissed his cheek.

As we all finished eating, the sun began to go down and everyon esad their goodbyes as I helped his Aunt Leila wash ALL the dishes. We were there for what felt like hours, she would wash a few, i would rinse them, then dry them, then put them away. As we were finishing the last of the pots and pans, Lucas came up to us just as she was telling me a story about how when Lucas was a baby he had stuck a bean up his nose and had to go to the E.R to get it taken out.

"Awww my little bean." I said to him as he wrapped his arms around my waist. His aunt raised an eyebrow at him and he stuck his tongue out at her.

As I finished putting away the last the pan, I heard the front door and Lucas's grandma shreek with joy.

"Charlotte! Oh honey! I can't believe you're here!"

I could hear her small little footsteps get closer and closer to the kitchen.

"Lucas is gonna be so excited to see you Lottie!"

She walks into the room, arms locked with some tall, long legged, brunette. She resembled Kendall Jenner, the way her eyes were almost almond like, jawline very sharp, mid length hair, and nicely shaped eyebrows and her thin like figure. Her eyes were green, and her smile was blinding. She had these blue jeans folded to her ankle with some white Converse, just like mine, a long gray t-shirt with a knot and a jean jacket. Her hair was straight, shiny and to her shoulders. She was very pretty.

But her prettiness wasn't what caught my attention, but the gold, L shaped necklace she had around her neck.

"Maya honey, where's.. oh there he is! Lucas, darling, look who came to see you!"

I closed the cabinet door and looked over at Leila. "Lottie? What are you doing here?" He said as he stepped closer to her.

She ran up to him and clung to his neck as he hugged her back. He let go of her and grabbed my hand.

"Lottie, wow I can't believe you're here! I want you to meet my girlfriend, Maya, Maya Hart."

I smiled at her and stuck my hand out. "Hi, nice to meet you."

She slapped my hand away and grabbed me into a big bear hug.

"We do not hand shake here in Texas, Miss Maya!"

I nervously chuckled and patted her back. As she let go of me, I quickly walked back to where Lucas was and grabbed his hand.

I looked at her and smiled again as Lottie watched us, dish towel still in her hand.

"Lottie and I... use to date.." Lucas said nervously.

She smiled at me and played with the L shaped necklace as I quickly let go of his hand.

HELLO EVERYBODY AND WELCOME TO MY STORY. Is this the most cliche part ever?? Probably. (not that it's any good) SSRY THAT I TOOK FOREVER TO UPDATE AND THAT IT SUCKS REALLY BAD IM SO SORRY, BUT FOR THE 3 PEOPLE WHO READ THIS< ENJOY <3 & AGAIN IM SO SORRY THAT ITS SO TERRIBLE. the part with Zay in it is so random idek.. OK BYEE PRAY FOR ME BECAUSE TRUMPS ABOUT TO WIN. if you're reading this ily