Chapter 6

Maya's POV

It was a little after 7th period and I was at my locker getting my things, trying to hurry up, so I could meet Riley in front of the school.

If she wanted to fight me because of Lucas then she was obviously blind. I didn't even like Lucas, at all, we were just friends, friends who like each others faces..?

I put the rest of my books in my locker and grabbed my homework and walked out.

I passed by a couple of kids and smiled at them, Then I went to the very front and waited for a while.

I waited until I saw a familiar face.

"What are you doing here? I thought you were gonna be gone for a week?" I asked him as he got off his motorcycle and walked towards me.

"Did you get my note on your locker?" He asked me as he wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed me.

I suddenly felt extremely relieved. "That was you? Gosh Josh you scared me! I thought it was some type of stalker or something!" I said as I punched him.

He let go of me and rubbed his arm. "Dang Babe, you can really throw a punch."

I laughed and punched him again. "So why didn't you leave to California? I thought you were super excited to go?" I asked as I leaned against my car.

He closed his eyes and sighed. "I missed you, I miss us. We haven't been hanging out that much lately."

He went up to me and hugged me. "What are you talking about? We went to that part together on Saturday, remember? When that guy asked me when his girlfriend was."

He let go and smiled. "Yeah but we were at a party, I just wanna hang out with you like we used to, you know? Going on movie dates and bike rides in the park, fancy dinner dates. Remember when we went to that gala that one time?"

Of course I remembered. On our first date Josh had taken me to the carnival and we rode the Ferris wheel and the spinning tea cups. It was the greatest date I had ever gone on.

The week after he had taken me to MAC and bought me a bunch of makeup, a dress, and some shoes.

The next day, he took me to a Gala, where we danced the whole night. We went to the gazebo out back and we had our first kiss.

I had felt like a princess.

He made me feel like a princess.

But then after a year was over, we suddenly started becoming distant with each other. We'd only hang out at party's, if he saw me he would bring me over and we would just make out the whole time we were there.

We were just using each other at that time.

"How about tomorrow." He said as he grabbed a strand of my hair and curled it with his finger. "I pick you up at 6:00, and we go to a surprise date."

Surprise date.. Those were my favorite dates, the dates where he would just pick me up and we would go to a surprise location and do something random.

"Look Josh. I miss you too, I miss us. I really really do, but I promised a friend I would do a project with him all this week." I kissed him on the cheek and walked to the passenger side to grab my phone.