Chapter 15

Maya's POV

2 Weeks Later

"So I was thinking that maybe when you get back we could go to a drive in movie and hang out and cuddle."

It was a day before Josh came home and we were on the phone talking during my lunch break in Denny's.

"That sounds perfect baby." He said with a non-enthusiastic voice. He stayed quiet for a moment until I coughed a little.

"Is everything okay Josh?" I twirled a strand of my hair as I ate a frie from my plate.

"*sigh* You know how much I love you right Maya?"

"Mhmm"

"And you know that I would do anything for you."

"Mhhmm"

"Baby.. It kills me to do this to you!"
He groaned really loud as I put a piece of chicken in my mouth.

"Do what?" I asked pushing my plate away.
"Are.. Are you breaking up with me Josh?" I asked as I felt my throat start to burn.

He sighed again. "I.." His voice cracked and I felt a tear go down my face.

"I'm sorry babe.. But I just.. I found a job over here in Cali, and I can't turn it down, I just can't. I don't wanna to this whole long distance relationship thing because it hurts to much Maya. It would hurt more than breaking up, knowing that your still mine but not being able to have you with me." I could hear in his voice that he was crying.

I stayed quiet for a while as he called for my name asking if I was still there.

"Oh.. Um yeah I'm still here." I said in a hushed tone.

"Please Maya, say something, tell me that your okay."

I flicked a tear off of my nose and smiled.

"I'm okay Josh, I am.. I- I will be. I'll be okay.."

"I know you will be babe, and I want you to know that I will always love you, no matter what, okay?" He sniffles and I smiled a little inside.

"I love you too Josh."

It was quiet again until he laughed a little.

"Dang, we were together for a little over a year. Right before we had that little break.." It got quiet again.

"It was the best year of my life.. And I wanna thank you for it Maya, you have been the most amazing person I have ever met, your beautiful and strong and independent and.. Promise me that you will never let anyone get in your way. Can you promise me that?"

"Don't worry Josh, I wasn't planning on letting anyone do that, and I wanna thank you too, thank you for everything , for being there for me.." I wasn't gonna cry, no way. I sucked it up and felt a big ball in my throat, that was better than crying.

"And hey don't worry .. You've got the big guy.. Lucas.. He promised me he would take care of you.. I have to go Maya.. But I just I'm sorry... I love you Maya."

"Bye Josh."

As I hung up the phone, the main door of The restaurant opened and I saw it was Lucas.

"Maya! Am I to late? Here.. I got these for you." Behind his hands was a bouquet of flowers and 2 bags of kisses.

I went up to him and hugged him tight.

"Thanks Huckleberry."

He waited for me until my shift was over, and then walked me over to my car.

"You ready to go?" He asked as he grabbed my jacket.

"We're are we going?" I asked as I grabbed my keys and walked out the doors. He followed me to my car as I unlocked it and sat down on the drivers seat.

He came up to my car and pulled me out of the seat.

"Ugh Lucas I just wanna go home and watch Disney movies where there are happy endings."

He chuckled and took me over to his car.

"Give me your keys!" He yelled as he walked over to my car. I threw him my keys and I heard him close the door and lock it.

He got in the drivers seat and turned his truck on.

"Ready?"

I buckled up and sighed.

"Lucas were are we going ?!?"

He looked at me and smiled.

"We are going ice skating."

Wow this chapter was trash.. Sorry for the 2 people who read this that have to go through a very terrible chapter.
Don't forget to vote and comment✨🍃
OH AND AWW ICE SKATING 💟💟😉
Thank you for 20 followers 💗 and almost 400 reads🌊 you guys are thee best 🌸🍃