Chapter 13

Don't forget to Vote & Comment! ❤️

Maya's POV

I left Josh's house as happy as I had ever been. I went home, changed my clothes and fell asleep thinking about Josh.

2 months later

I waited at my locker for Lucas like I always did after 7th period. I saw him walking over with Darby.

"Hey Darbs." I said as all three of us walked over to Lucas's car.

In the 2 months that passed, Lucas had started dating Darby. Yogi and her had broken up at around the same time Riley and Lucas had broken up so they were pretty great for each other.

Josh had decided to go to his California Trip with some of his buddies and Corey's best friend Shawn.

We talked to each other every day and face timed every day. I missed him like crazy, I even had a countdown to the days when he would be home.

2 weeks, 4days, 4 hours, 12 minutes, & 3 seconds.

Lucas and I had gotten extremely close in those 2 months. We had sleepovers, we'd go to party's, we'd trash the house the part was at, and he bought me ice cream.

All the things he promised to do with me when we officially became best friends.

Josh wasn't jealous. He never was, he was okay with Lucas hanging around me because he would protect me.

"Hey Maya." Darby said as we hugged.
Lucas looked at both of us and smiled.
"Aww! My two favorite girls in the Entire world are friends!"

We both looked at each other and smiled.
"We're not just friends huckleberry." I said as we locked arms. "We're best friends. She's my bestest friend in the entire universe!"

He looked at me and raised an eyebrow.
I let go of her arm and laughed.
"Don't worry Ranger Rick, I could never replace you as my best friend! You know to much." I said with a serious face.

We got in his car and Darby turned on the radio. Same Old Love by Selena Gomez started playing and Darby and I started singing along really loud.

"I'm so sick of that same old love!"
"That shit it tears me up!"
Lucas came in singing the wrong part.
"Oh oh oh oh ohh."

Darby and I looked at each other and started laughing.

"Babe! You sound li-like a dyi-dying seal!!" She said running out of breathe.

"Hahaha! Huckleberry you don't even know the song!"

He looked at both of us and frowned. "Well I'm sorry that I'm not as talented as you two."
He turned up the volume and sang even louder.

"THE KIND THAT BREAKS YOUR HEART!" He yelled as he sang to Darby.

We then both lost it again.

When we got to my house I grabbed my things and said goodbye to them.
"Bye Darbs! By Huckleberry! Are you gonna come over later?" I asked him.