45: An Important Heart to Heart

Start from the beginning

"I know and I'm so, so sincerely sorry. I will try to improve on it. No, scratch that, I will force myself to improve. I will always live with the regret of hurting you time and time again. That'll be my punishment and it will kill me. The only way to try and move on from all of it is for you to forgive me, but I won't force you to." Scott sighs. I turn around and look at the werewolf. His large brown eyes are full of sorrow, guilt, sadness and regret. I'm about to reply when Scott looks down at his feet for a second and then looks back up at me. "Do you want to know something?" Scott asks. I give a small nod, tentatively walking back over to Scott.

"I really wanted you to have saved me from that poison, not Samantha." He admits. I blink twice, shocked at what he just said. "You... what? Samantha is your girlfriend, I thought you'd love the fact that she saved you?" I ask in confusion.

"I know, but... maybe it's because you're the one that has always helped me when I needed it in the past. You're the one that got me to Deaton's, trying to assure me that it is going to be okay while you're probably panicking on the inside. It's complicated. My mom has always told me to follow my heart. Even though I really like Samantha and I am happy with the relationship, my heart is telling me that you should have saved me, not her. When I was in a coma, I swear I relived some memories. They all had you in them." Scott answers. I look at him with surprise.

"You... remembered the memories?" I ask quietly and uncertainly.

"Yeah, they are the only things I can remember from when I was in the coma." Scott shrugs.

"Well, uh, I guess I did kind of remind you about those times." I stutter, running a hand through my hair nervously. I stop immediately when I realize that Scott will know I'm nervous. "You used your memory sharing power?" Scott inquires. I nod quickly. All of my reservations that I didn't realize that I had built up in the time that Scott has been here quickly melt away. "Thank you. I think I needed to be reminded of those times." Scott smiles. I can't help but grin back.

"What are friends for?" I reply.

"So, am I forgiven?" Scott asks hopefully.

"Yeah, of course. It's hard to stay upset with you for long." I laugh. Scott sighs with relief.

"Good. However, that's not the only reason why I am here." Scott says.

"What else do you want to talk about?" I frown worriedly.

"Not talk. Eat." Scott grins mischievously. He jumps onto my bed and grabs the bag and pulls out two plastic boxes filled with food. Scott looks up at me, as I am still staring at him with confusion. "Come on, sit down." Scott encourages. Finally coming to my senses, I sit down on the side of the bed next to Scott. He hands me a box of food as well as plastic cutlery. "What's this for?" I ask curiously.

"Dude, it was so obvious back in the animal clinic that you haven't eaten in a long time. I could see it in your eyes. I could sense the chemo signals. I also could hear your stomach grumbling a lot." Scott shrugs as he digs into his Chinese food. I look down at the food hesitantly. "Come on, don't let it go to waste." Scott groans.

"Fine," I sigh before scooping up some rice and pop it into my mouth. As I digest the food, I sigh in relief. It's great to have something in my stomach. With all that swimming, the little seaweed I managed to eat and its energy would have burned up fast. "So, Stiles. How long was I out for?" Scott questions me.