Chapter Twenty-Nine

Gerard P.O.V

My eyes snapped open, I sat up gasping for air. Panicking, I tried to sit up, unable to move my legs. I looked down, seeing the limp and lifeless body of Frank. I frowned, eyes squinting from the dim slither of light coming from the half-open door in front of me. I picked him up in my arms, staggering into the room opposite. There was a bed, somewhere to keep him for the time being. Whilst I went to check out my appearance in the bathroom.

His head lolled in my arms, his body weak. I set him down gently, covering him with the blanket. He grunted in his sleep- that is, if it was sleeping that he was doing. I had no idea about what was happening, the only thing I knew was that I had been out cold for days. Ever since my little outburst with Frank, which I did believe was unnecessary. I would apologise to him when he came round- if he did. I staggered back to the bathroom, reluctant to switch the light on. The light blinded me, as I faced my new appearance in the mirror.

My hair was the colour of an ageing man, my skin a paler white. Dark, purple circles laid peacefully underneath my now dark eyes. I was shocked, completely unsure as to how this had happened. Maybe the ring had worked. Maybe my dad was dead. I smiled, happy with myself- yet unable to ignore the growling in my stomach. I hadn't eaten for days, and my stomach had already begun to punish me for being out cold. I shuddered, watching my every move in the mirror. I was infatuated with my new image, the fact that I was the official leader of Hell made me want to laugh with happiness. I could finally run the place the way that it was meant to be run- with fear and attitude. Striking fear into the hearts of the sinful and murderous seemed like an excellent plan to me. More like a form of entertainment than an a job.

Before heading downstairs to the kitchen, I checked on Frank again. Placing my head against his chest, I hear the slow beat of his heart, and felt the slow rise and fall of his chest. At least he was alive. After all, I needed him to run the place with me. I had no intentions of keeping Lilith, except for using her to get this way. I was surprised that Mikey hadn't shown up on my door, that creepy fucker always made a negative appearance in my happy times. The thought of him angered me, but I knew that he'd be arriving any time soon. Probably to tell me that I had made the biggest mistake of my life- which was a lie. It was the best mistake of my life. Knowing that I could return home to the place that I adored with all of my heart, with somebody who I knew deep down I loved just as much. It was my idea of heaven. Without the obnoxious wings and the holy beards. Just fire, my love, and my hounds. It was all that I would ever need for the rest of my existence.

I jogged down the flight of stairs, finding that I was faster and stronger than before. It made me chuckle, the fact that I could overpower anybody almost made my ego drown. I shook my head, kicking the door to the kitchen open. There was a plate in the centre of one of the counters, was a plate of raw meat. A little note next to it with a red lipstick print on it. I rolled my eyes, ignoring the note, shovelling the meat into my mouth. My stomach was finally satisfied when all traces of the meat had disappeared off the plate, the blood as well. I burped, covering my mouth, turning around.

There she stood, looking pleased with herself. I rolled my eyes, still intent on ignoring the note.
"Did you read my note, baby?" She gushed, trying to wrap her arms around my neck. I backed away with a frown, hands tucked into my pockets.

"No, I didn't. I'm not going to, either." I said bluntly, looking away from her. I couldn't be bothered with the tears, nor could I be bothered with the pleading. She was never going to be in my final plan anyway. I couldn't see her ruling with me- she was much to young and stupid for that. She could barely control her emotions, let alone be the wife to a king of death.

"Why-why not? I love you Gerard, have some common courtesy to read it." She sighed, pointing to it. I refused, she had no power over me anymore. She wasn't my stepmother, she was just Lilith. Nothing more, nothing less. No fancy titles- nothing.

"I have no interest in you Lilith, not have I ever had any. You were just a pawn in the grand scheme of things. You're naivety allowed me to use you, and I got what I wanted. Do you really think I'll allow you to get what you want?" I said with an evil smirk. I watched her face curl up into an upset, and angry frown. She began to cry, stomping her foot on the ground.

"What if I'm pregnant? You won't even be able to kill me off. I'll have your heir." She laughed, wiping her nose.

"Yeah, okay. Because that's the truth, isn't it? We both know that you're not pregnant, and even if you were it'd be a shame. It wouldn't be living with me." I giggled, watching as her anger bubbled over her rationality. She began to scream insults at me, I couldn't really understand what she was saying.
"I'd be quiet Lilith, unless you want to wake up my boyfriend. I'm sure he won't be very happy to see you- you can take my word for it." I chuckled, leaving her to scream away in the kitchen.

My intention was to go upstairs and wait for Frank to wake up, I didn't want her to lay a finger on him.
-------------------------------------------------------
Song Of The Chapter- Let Her Know by July Talk

A.N
I'm sorry for my inactivity, I've been busy because I've been at Catfish and the Bottlemen for three whole days- it was the best three days of my life so far! I got to take pictures of them with the photographers and I got loads of free merch (even a guitar pick ;) )

Don't forget to comment and vote, it helps me out. There's only a few chapters left of this story so enjoy!! ;)