Chapter Twenty-Seven

Frank P.O.V

I felt sick. Like I had swallowed at least a gallon of bleach. My insides stung as I laid on the cold, comforting bathroom floor. My mom was sitting outside the door, occasionally listening to me throwing my insides up. I had lost count of the amount of shadows I had swallowed. I had lost all energy to stop them now. They came as they pleased- refusing to leave. It was like I had a huge crowd of people having one huge conversation inside my head.

"You know, if you weren't my son I'd have told you that you were pregnant." She chuckled, I couldn't help but smile. Even though I felt like I was on the edge of death, she always knew what would make me laugh.

"I'm sorry I'm such a whore, mom." I groaned sarcastically, moving away from the toilet to place my boiling forehead onto the cold marble floor. I could've sworn that I heard a sizzle. I was as hot as Hell- which was worrying. The thought of Hell reminded me that I needed to talk to Gerard. I needed him to explain what the fuck was happening to me. Because throwing up this much was not natural at all. I groaned again, clutching my stomach.

"Don't call yourself a whore Frank, we both know that that's not true." She said gently, I could hear her breathe out heavily. She was worried about me, and I hated that. Come to think of it, there wasn't a time when she wasn't worrying about me. She wanted me to be happy, but that would never be the case. I was always going to be wrapped up in my own little world, unable to form relationships. Gerard was the closest to love that I had ever truly felt for somebody. Secretly, I wanted him to hold me in his arms again. He could do whatever the fuck he wanted with me, as long as I was by his side.

"It doesn't matter mom, honestly." I chuckled weekly, moving my head so that my other cheek was cooling on the marble floor. I let out a sigh of relief as my headache was temporarily numbed.

"Do you want me to grab you some aspirin?" She asked, she had pressed her hear to the door. I had heard her shuffle closer towards it.

"No, it's okay. I'll be fine. I'll probably go to bed in a minute or so." I lied, knowing full well what I wanted to do. I wanted to go to Gerard. Maybe apologise for running from him- I knew that I was definitely overreacting. Anything to get one kiss from him again. Even though he didn't like to show love, I could see it in those dark eyes of his. Just swimming around, clear as day. The thought of him made me smile, even through the thoughts of me dying from the never ending pain.

"If you need me I'll be downstairs." She said kindly, I listened for her footsteps getting quieter.
I used the sink to pull myself, getting a look at myself in the dirty mirror. I cringed, seeing a disgusting mess. Gerard had seen me naked, probably pulling random faces when we had sex. Hopefully he wouldn't cringe and push me over, leaving me in a pile of leaves at the bottom of his front lawn.

If I was going to sneak out, I'd have to do it as silently as possible. Probably pretend to be asleep. My dad would be out, as usual, and my mom and sister would be doing whatever it was that they did before my sister went to bed.
My clammy hand grasped the doorknob, slowly twisting it. I didn't want to draw any attention to myself, I needed to compose myself before I walked to Gerard's house. My worst nightmare lwould be passing out in the middle of nowhere, with the police picking me up, taking me home. Then I would get a lecture from my parents, one from my dad saying that I shouldn't be reckless and drink at all, and one from my mom saying that I was sick and I shouldn't even be outside.

I wiped my mouth with my already dirty shirt, pulling it over my head, tossing it into the corner of my room. I changed my jeans, hoping that they were clean- having picked them up from off the floor. I chose a random shirt from my drawers, being careful not to throw up in them. I felt weak, my hands shaking as if there was an earthquake inside my body. I looked at my dull reflection in the mirror in front of me, arms by my side. Telling myself that I had to hold myself to together. I didn't want Gerard to see me with vomit down my front, like I had been doing drugs or something.

I sat on my bed, not intending to nap at all. But I found myself leaning back, like somebody was pressing my shoulders backwards. I couldn't resist, as soon as my head hit the pillow I felt my eyelids droop. Through my flickering eye, I saw a figure. A dark shadow, carefully laying me to rest.
-------------------------------------------------------
Song Of The Chapter- Future People by Alabama Shakes

A.N
Have I mentioned how much I love this song?? Like it's gorgeous ahhhhhhh!!!! Also, this story is coming to an end!! But not quite yet so don't worry ;)

Don't forget to comment and vote, it helps me out.