Chapter Twenty-Eight

Frank P.O.V

Whatever it was that had forced me to fall asleep, had kept me from going to Gerard. I felt I had been sleeping for a year, except the sunlight streamed in through my blinds. Head feeling like a fireworks display, I lifted myself off my bed. I had never felt so sick in my seventeen years, I was falling over, like I wasn't capable of walking. Accidentally knocking over things from my bedside table, hoping that nobody other than myself was home.

I had no idea what time it was, but I was determined to walk to Gerard's house. I had questions, and I wanted answers. He had done this to me, and he knew it. I deserved more than just answered whatever was happening to me needed to be reversed. I just wanted to be back to normal, all memories of him erased- if that was possible. Even though I knew that I loved him- it would be the best for me. To forget and move on, even if that meant losing the one person that might ever 'love' me.
The cold, morning air hit my like a brick wall, almost knocking me back inside. The world around me was almost silent, like it had died in its sleep. I breathed in heavily, accidentally slamming the door shut. I hoped that nobody had heard me, my mom would've dragged me back to my bed.

But it seemed like the world was silent, like everybody had disappeared. No birds were singing in the trees, no car engines polluting the atmosphere. Just, nothing. Feeling like it was an omen for something to come. But I carried on, determined to walk to Gerard's house. I didn't care how long it would take me, I just cared about the fact that I wanted and needed to get my answers. Even if they upset me, and even if they weren't what I wanted to hear. I held my stomach, it was threatening to bring up the little food that I had managed to eat.

My walk felt eerie, there were no people around me. I could've sworn that there was nobody in my house. I didn't have a watch, or even my phone- so I couldn't check the time. To reassure myself, I told myself that they were at work and school. I didn't want to think that something bad was happening. Catastrophic in fact. I was slightly creeped out, but still remained determined that I would make it. Even if it took me a few hours- it probably would because every step was agonising for me. My stomach was fighting a battle with something, something I had no idea was living in my body. The black shadows- they, unbeknownst to me, had begun to change me from the inside out. They stung my insides, changing it as much as they could before I threw up.

The wind grew stronger, as if it were two metaphorical hands pushing me in the right direction. I knew my journey well, having walked home that one time, and having been in the car with Gerard. I wished that he could be normal, I wished that I could be normal. That everything could be normal. I laughed at myself, knowing that nothing would ever be the same again. Whenever I felt that pang of fear that he could so easily make me feel- it would break down the mental dam that I had built and send the memories, good and bad, flooding back.

I felt like I was laughing hysterically, but it seemed that there was nobody around to hear me. It had begun to rain, and the water seeped in through my clothes- like a warm hug from nature. It gave me the final burst of energy to continue on my walk, I needed to get there soon. What if he was at school? More importantly, what if he had done something stupid? I grimaced, not being able to forgive myself if he had.

It must have taken me more than an hour to reach his house, and when I did I felt like something was off. The front door stood wide open, leaves littering the dark hallway. I frowned, brow furrowed as I clung to the door frame. The wind whistled in my ears, as if it was blowing air directly into them. I rubbed my ear on my shoulder, shuddering as I entered the house.

"Gerard?" I called, as loudly as I could. My throats was hoarse from my laboured breathing, and from throwing up so much.
The house was in complete silence, but until the front door slammed shut behind me. I jumped, clutching my stomach as another wave of pain washed over me.

"Gee? I want to apologise!" I called out to him, trying my hardest not to cry. I wanted to find him, and I wanted him to hold me. To comfort me. Just- anything. Anything other than the deafening silence that I was facing. My lip quivered as I stumbled in the darkness, expecting him to grab me and pull me against him, chuckling as he did so. But he never did. Something was wrong.

"Gerard, I'm scared. Where are you? We need to talk!" I called out, hot tears now streaming down my marble cheeks. I whimpered to myself, searching the rooms. He was nowhere to be found.

Eventually, I came to the stairs. The height itself overwhelmed me, but I had to find him. Upstairs was the only place that I hadn't checked. I stopped to throw up halfway through climbing them, but I never stopped. I was going to find him, no matter what. If it meant ripping his entire house to shreds then so be it- I deserved my answers.
The bathroom door lay ajar, I inched towards it. I could've sworn that I saw a leg, but nothing was confirmed in my mind until I opened it.

He laid there, unconscious on the floor. His chest rising and falling gently. Like he was sleeping. I knew that wasn't the case, that something more serious was happening. His bright red hair was now a bright white, like snow. I gasped, sinking to the ground in front of him, eyes now leaking more tears than I could handle. I hadn't noticed it, but there was a large black shadow looming over his body. I opened my mouth to ask him if he was alive, if he could hear me, when it entered into my mouth. This time it burned, like somebody had shoved a red-hot poker in my mouth. I screamed, the pain getting too much to bare. I collapsed, my eyes closing, falling on top of Gerard's lifeless body.
-------------------------------------------------------
Song Of The Chapter- Flash Delirium by MGMT

A.N
I'm so so so so sorry for not updating, you have no idea how busy I've been over the past few days/weeks. I barely have time to eat or sleep like UGH I hate being in my last year of high school!

Anyway, lemme know what you think of the story so far- maybe how you think it'll end?? Don't forget to vote ;)