Caught! Or so she thought...

Laxus POV

"Oh, Laxus. What are you doing here?"

"Cana? I thought you were back at the table?"

"What? Can't a girl go to the restroom? Sheesh. Men these days..."

"I'm just gonna go..."

"Yeah, go to a toilet 'cause you're face is all red!"

She laughed at me as I walked away as quickly as I could. That drunkard should just mind her own business. Where am I anyways?

I looked around the hall to realise I was in the student help section. The section that was comprised of the head and vice's office. Pupil Support, the staff room, the conference room, the infirmary and the Student council room.

Student council room? That's where Mira said she'd be.

I took a peek around the door and saw that she was moving some pretty heavy looking boxes.

Maybe I should help-

"And, done." She rubbed her hands together five times before placing them at her curvy hips. "Can't forget to stop by music."

Music? Why music? I know she plays the keyboard but she even said she didn't want a career in music. I decided that instead I'd follow her. It wasn't stalking. Just, watching a person very closely while nearly drooling at how hot she is.....I didn't mean that. I'm not a pedo either in case you're wondering.

Mira POV

As I made my way to the music room, I couldn't help but smile. Music was the one thing that put me at ease.

I knocked five times on the sliding door and when no one answered I entered making sure to close it behind me but my biggest mistake was forgetting to lock it.

I took a seat by the piano as I skimmed through Lucy's notebook to find the newest page.

'When she cries.' Interesting title although it makes sense. That whole album is based off of the most current events in Lucy's love life. I honestly think it's stupid but I'd never tell her that. She's grieving so I'd rather not make it worse.

I rested my fingers gently on the keys as I started playing. I'd already composed the music before but now it was just a matter of putting it all together and taking into consideration Lucy's voice. Mine was a little higher than hers so you'd often find me pulling all the high notes.

"Little girl terrified. She'd leave her room if only bruises could heal. A home is no place to hide. Her heart is breaking from the pain that she feels.~"

I was just singing when the book was suddenly lifted into the air. I stared in horror at the blonde man who had taken it. If he reads the book he'd find out who we are! I can't let that happen!

I got off the stool jumping, trying to grab back Lucy's notebook but he simply put out his hand stopping me. I could see him smirking.

"Everyday's the same. She fights to find her way. She hurts, she breaks, she hides-"

I stretched again and successfully retrieved the book.

"Hey!" He complained.

"Hey yourself! What type of jerk just comes in and steals a girl's notebook?!"

He flinched a little as his face softened. "Sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you."

"Huh. No it's alright." I smiled as I'd calmed down a little. His cheeks were tinted pink as he looked at me making me giggle.

"H-hey. Don't l-laugh!"

"I'm sorry. It's just so funny!"

"You're so mean!"

"And you sound like a girl with the way you're whining!" I laughed harder as his face darkened in redness.

He ended up joining me as the two of us took a seat next to each other on the stairs.

"You know, you're different. Not at all as I expected." He chuckled lightly.

"I could say the same about you actually." I giggled.

"Oh, really? How so?"

"Well, I honestly thought you were actually a bully...In the beginning. It was mainly because of your height, your build and well, your face seemed to always be angry. I was stereotyping, I know, but I really couldn't help it. Now I see...now I see that you should never judge a book by it's cover..."

"I'm not usually like this. Sure I had a temper before but ever since I joined this school, I've just been getting a lot angrier. Maybe it's because of my grandfather." He scratched the back of his neck awkwardly making it easy for me to tell that he did know the answer but he just wasn't willing to tell.

"Well, what about me? What did you think of me when you first met me?"

"Hmm...a mean girl. The typical dictator type who's only reason for becoming apart of the student council was that she could make sure her group got whatever they wanted." What he said...it stung. But it was more than that. It was as if all I wanted was his recognition, his acceptance, his lo-

"But that was before. Now, I think you're actually one of the kindest, sweetest people in the world and even though you may act mean on the inside I see it."

"See, what?"

"The hope, the love, the care, the kindess, everything positive! That's...that's what's within. Within your heart."

"L-laxus."

"Look, I better go I've gotta meet up with my stalkers. Tell them I'm alright."

"Stalkers?"

"Three old friends of mine who won't leave me the hell alone. That's who. Bye Mira. See ya in I.T."

He left the room and I felt a smile crawl it's way onto my face. I think...I think I like him...

As a friend.

"See ya later."

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Okay so I've been getting a lot, and I mean a lot of inspiration for this book so it's gonna be updated like another two times today. If you're reading any of my other books I'm sorry but there won't be another update for a while and I advise you all to add 'My Stories' to your library for updates on new chapters or soon to be published stories. Arigato.