The Near Future

I woke up that morning sad and dopey. It was my last day here. 3 months of everything is now going to be stored away In my memory. And now I'll be going back to Virginia for a wedding that I don't want to be in.

I brushed my washed our hair into a pony tail and silently watched tear flow through my eyes. This place has become me. I lived here and I loved here.
*******************
I decided to go to the graveyard and talk to Lucy.

I sat down and painfully looked at a tombstone, she was too young to die 1977-1995.

"I'm sorry Lucy, I know we didn't know each other that well, but I'm sorry that I didn't find out how you died, or continue with the project, I'm sorry I stole your boyfriend. I'm sorry I got distracted and didn't try hard enough", I said while crying into the Grass.

Ray came up next to me with the letter I gave him and placed it in his pocket. He sat down on the grass. "I've been keeping this in for a while, but I know you've been aching to hear how she died"

I turned over and Ray was dressed up in a nice suit and he cleaned himself up. "How?", I asked choking up.

"Well, we were applying to colleges senior year and Lucy really wanted to become a veterinarian, so we took the SAT's and she had a low score. She was crushed, I mean crushed so she applied to every college she could find and was declined. She had severe depression for the longest time, so one day she couldn't take it she hung herself and took a bunch of pills before that. They found her body in her room."

I couldn't believe my ears, I never thought in a million years that she would kill herself. I stayed silent for a while and then walked away and kissed Rays cheek, he quickly pulled me in for a hug. I never looked back, I kept walking and walking and walking.