Daddy?

Hey guys I know the first couple of chapters were crappy but I'm just trying to develop the plot and I know it's boring , but trust me it'll start to make sense, this chapter is mainly about Susanna's personal life cause that's very important when you're developing characters.-Samara

These past few days I've been so focused on Lucy , it's like gram and gramps don't even mention Her, they never cry, not even at her funeral, they always show love but they're never in tears.

"Susanna you have a message check the landline downstairs", Gram said.

I went downstairs and listened to the voicemail, it was my dad, we haven't spoke ever since we saw each other at my aunts funeral, sometimes I spend the weekends at his house, I'm still mad at him to an extent that only God knows, my parents divorced a year ago, my dad was cheating on mom with some assistant at work, my mom likes to call her "The Whore" her real name is Danae. Ever since my dad cheated on my mom our relationship has been weird, we don't talk like we used to and deep down I miss that.

I dialed back his number and called him, "Hello?", he said.

I took a deep breath, "Hey daddy it's Susanna"

"Susanna!", I could hear his voice brighten up as soon as he said my name, when I was younger we used to do everything together.

"Hi dad, Gram said you called?"

"Yeah I just wanted to check up on you, how's Maryland?", he said.

"It's fine, how's Danae?", I said, there was a huge silence on the phone for a minute.

"She's fine, Susanna the main reason why I called you is to tell you that Danae and I are getting married and Danae would love for you to be in the wedding"

"Oh wedding? Does mom know?", I said as my eyes started to water.

"Yeah I told her already, you'll have a blast a-and Danae really wants you there", he added

"I have to go, um gramps needs to use the phone, bye", I said

"Okay bye love you Susanna", he said as he hung up.

What did love even mean? My parents never loved each other enough, or was my mom never enough for my dad? My mom always talked about how great of a husband my dad was, and how much she loved him, he never loved her, he wasn't satisfied and he's being selfish by marrying another woman and just throwing his old family to the side! But what do I know about love? I've never been in love, I've never seen two people in love.. I bet Ray and Lucy were never in love if she was in love with him she would've never died! Everyone is selfish in this cruel world we live in.

I sat in my bed for hours just crying and crying, over everything, my life how I have no friends at school my grades are plummeting, I'm ugly, a beautiful girl suddenly died when she had everything, my dad is getting married to some witch, my mom is lonely, Rayel is grieving when he should be with Lucy, Gram and Gramps are just acting like everything's ok but life isn't like that. I'm going to a new grade with no friends and I'm ugly again.. It's unbelievable how ugly I look, my mom always tells me I'm pretty but I'm no where near Lucy, she's even lucky a guy would look at her, no one even notices me. Does God hate me? Why does my like suck so bad?

I woke up a couple hours later and my pillow was soaked in tears, I went to the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror I washed my face, my eyes were red and I had a huge headache from crying and scratches on my face. I headed downstairs for dinner.

"Hey Susanna, you missed lunch sweets", Gramps said.

"Yeah, I was sleeping I wasn't talking to Ray or anything",I said taking a seat

"My, you've been spending a lot of time with Ray!", Gram said.

"Gram! I'm tried of you assuming that I like him okay? I just wanted to get some information from him for my Project!Why would a guy want to go out with me in the first place, I'm ugly", I said raising my voice.

"Susanna! I thought you were having a good time?", she said as he hugged me

"No get off I'm going back to my room just leave me alone I didn't want to eat anyways", I exclaimed storming off to my room.

"Another round of crying", I said to myself. About 11:30 pm I headed out to the bay, I didn't care if I was scared I just wanted to be out and alone. I held my knees in close to the brackish water and I cried each time the water touched my feet. My life really was bad. I looked to my left and saw Rayel at the docks he acknowledged me and came up to me, for the first time a guy finally noticed me.

"What's up with you, shouldn't you be in bed by now?", he said.

"I can't fall asleep, I already took a nap", I said wiping my tears away.

"Then why are you crying?", he said looking at me, while I was looking down at my knees.

"My dads getting married to another woman, my lif- my life sucks", I said breaking down in tears, Rayel looked at me saying nothing his eyes started to wander off somewhere then he grabbed me and hugged me. I cried in his arms it was embarrassing at first, I mean hugging some guy I've only known for  a week is a bit awkward. He pulled away and looked into my eyes

"Don't cry please I already have my own problems", he said jokingly.

"Yeah", I said chucking a bit and wiping away my tears."Thanks, I feel a bit better"

"Please don't cry", he said pulling out a wrinkled tissue from him pocket and handing it to me

"I'm trying not to", I said as I wiped my eyes with the tissue and wiggled my toes in the water

"Here I'll give you a ride home", he said wrapping his arms around me.

He drove me off to Gram and Gramps house

"Take care Susy, and if you need a shoulder to cry on, you know where I'm at", he said driving off.