The whole summer?

This chapter is pretty basic and boring but honestly skip it, I only used this chapter to build up the plot- Samara

11/15/16 hey guys I'll be editing this story A lot so please be patient while I periodically upload each chapter as I edit

I looked out my window and thought to myself "How am I going to live with my grandparents for the whole summer, they live in ancient times, how can they not have modern technology!"

My mother looked through her mirror, "Are you okay Susanna, are you excited?" 

"Yeah sure", I said

"Your gonna love it, I used to go there all the time when I was your age", she said sounding excited.

"Well mom it isn't the 70s anymore okay? We actually have computers and I can't believe Gram and Gramps don't have a freaking computer?", I said angrily

"Well sweetie, you have to appreciate life and what you have, and you have to realize it's not the material things that matter, it's how you live your life and what you learn from it and so I can get away from hearing that Nivana", she said

"Mom it's Nirvana",I said as I turned my head back towards the window.

As we arrived I looked around and the scenery was like a farm and some trees, down the dirt road was a bay. I started carrying my luggage from the trunk.

"Hello Susanna!", Gram said as she pulled me in for a great big hug.
"Here let me show you your room your mom and Gramps will carry your luggage out"

I looked around at the house Gram and Gramps had a lot of antiques and pictures of their late child Lucy who died about 10 months ago. Mom said that she was sick but, honestly I think she was killed.

"Okay here's your room you can put your stuff there and if you need anything just say", she said

"Okay thanks", I said as my eyes wandered the room. The room was huge it had its own separate bathroom, the walls were covered with drawings that Lucy made, the bed was soft and comfy and the comforters had a floral woven pattern.

The rest of the day I helped Gram and Gramps pick out fruits and vegetables from the farmers market for the little gathering tonight.

"Okay Susanna put these in the kitchen and I'll get the rest", Gramps said

Gram started to cook and we started to set the table. After we were done the guests started to gather in, the whole night we played games and danced, I guess my mom was right it isn't the material things that make up your life.