He was literally clueless as he stood in front of her. He didn’t know why she was throwing him out in the cold. The night before this they went out for dinner, watched a movie and they even made love. Everything was just great. And now this was happening. He didn’t know what was wrong. What could possibly be wrong, he wondered to himself. The thought made him restless and unable to sleep.

The next day was a little better. Drei wasn’t back to her normal self but the ‘keep-your-distance’ caution was already lifted. The first thing Alex did was to wrap himself around her like his human pillow the moment he got inside the room. She screamed which caused Manang Pilar and Matty to rush inside the room. Unfortunately she didn’t want to be touched. No sir! No touch! And just like that they were back to how they were yesterday. For the rest of the day, Drei confined herself inside the room. She’d snuggle with the kids but wouldn’t let Alex come near her.

"Can you please talk to me now?" He asked while she sat on their bed, enveloped by the sheets and with a big cup of ice cream on her hands. She shrugged. "Baby what's wrong? Did I do something?"

She slowly licked off the remains of the ice cream on her spoon and erotic visions reeled in his mind. How could that one act make her look as sexy as hell? Alex groaned in frustration. He missed her. He missed holding her. He missed kissing her. Dammit!

"Huhummmm" she shrugged again as if she didn't hear what he just said. "Nothing's wrong."

"Fuck! What the hell is the matter with you?" He whined. Again she shrugged. "You've been keeping me out... baby naman!" He ran his fingers through his hair out of frustration. "And why the hell are you wearing sunglasses inside the house?"

"Because I don’t want to look at you!" She tilted her chin up smugly.

"Why? Bakit ayaw mo akong tingnan?"

"Eh ayaw ko eh!" Then she stuck her tongue out on him.

"Baby ano ba ginawa ko? Okay naman tayo nung isang gabi ah... panget ba yung movie? Panget ba yung food? Ayaw mo ba dun sa Sumosam? Di ba you liked that place?" Drei just shook her head. "Did I... nabitin ba kita?" He blurted out because he didn’t know what else to say. "Kasi I did everything that you wanted me to do when we... made love... hindi mo ba nagustohan?"

He couldn't believe he was saying this! Dammit!

"No… no… no… no!" she chanted. “No and nooooo!”

"Then what? What do I gotta do para mayakap na kita? Naiinis na ako eh..."

"Hmmm okay..." she finally said. “Gusto ng… Go buy me ice cream... and then chocolate crinkles... and then..."

She went on telling him what she wanted and he took a note of it. At this point Alex swore he'd do anything because a day being not able to do hold her or be close to her was already killing him. He was determined to know and heck, he was desperate.

"Yun lang?" She nodded excitedly, grinning at him. "Okay I'll be right back!"

And he was off in a flash.

*** 

"Baby..." Drei said. "Ikaw nga... say it for mommy... bey...bi..."  

"Beeee," Zooey echoed.   "Touch mo yung baby dali!" Then he heard Zooey giggle.

Hearing Drei and Zooey talk, Alex paused and glanced at the takeout package that he was transferring unto the plate for Drei. They just got home after they bought Drei's stash of goodies. Three large drinks from Happy Lemon, two slices of chocolate cake from Banapple and Chicken Inasal from Mang Inasal that she asked for the last minute.