Chapter Thirty-Three: And I Love You

A/N:
Hey Peeps! Sorry if it took a while! Second semester just opened and I have a lot of things going on. 😭 Hope you're all doing great and still willing to spare a few minutes to read this. Thanks a bunch! Enjoy!

--Kiara--

"What?! What did you just say?" I can't help but raise my voice. Ridiculous as it is, Nathan here is claiming that Jordan Smith has a daughter by the name of Tracy Smith who happens to be Andrew's girlfriend.

"I said, Tracy is Dr. Smith's daughter. She was the one who led me to him." I can't believe this. I just couldn't absorb any of those trash. Andrew would never ever hide something like this from me. Would he?

"I know how much you trust Andrew and honestly I do too. I was also surprised the moment he came barging in Tracy's apartment one night while we were talking. But I have to warn you tho. I know Tracy and what she's capable of so if she successfully lured Andrew on to having such relationship with her, I know there's a grave reason." I didn't realize how close Nathan is to me that he was able to squeeze my shoulder. But I am relieved by it.

I know he has his reasons... Am I even allowed to know? Do I have any right?

I pushed Andrew's thoughts behind my head as I sighed and flashed Nathan a weak smile. He nodded and smiled back.

Just like that, I forgave him. Maybe I already did before I even realized it but that doesn't matter anymore. As long as my best friend is back.

"Ugh! Speak of the demon angel." I snapped back from my trance when Nathan groaned loudly. He flipped his phone to my face and my eyes grew wide when I saw who the caller is.

"What do you want?" Nathan said smirking but his voice has fake hostility in it. I clasp my mouth when a soft giggle came out. He then signaled me to shush and leaned back to rest his shoulders on the settee but his body became tense after a second and jolted up from his seat.

"I swear Simons, if you do something to her--" He looked at me worriedly so I stood up next to him and opened my mouth. His perfect brows formed a crease. Is there something wrong? I know I shouldn't barge into the conversation but I have a feeling that this will end up nastily if I don't intervene. Knowing Andrew he will never do anything bad once he knew I'm involved. Right? I took in a deep breath and a smile crept into my face.

"Hey, Nate. Who are you talking to? Are you leaving?" I felt Nathan jumped a little as I speak. I know I'm being conceited here but maybe this will help Nathan ease his mind about Stacy. Andrew won't do anything bad, I just know he won't. Getting the message of my sudden interjection, he grinned at me and mouthed thanks. I just shook my head and gestured for him to ride on.

"I need to go Pumpkin. Go get some rest, okay?" I almost laugh out loud when he used Pumpkin in addressing me. It's obvious why he did that and he just wink at me.

"Yeah, you too. Please be careful. I'll call you." He placed his free hand on my shoulder again and squeezed it. I know this is so wrong but I wanted to know how Andrew would react to this. Besides, I want to help Nathan with Stacy.

After a few seconds, Nathan released his phone from being attached to his ears and laughed deliriously while crouching his gut. Clueless, I sat beside him and waited for him to calm down.

"You are evil, Anderson! You surprised me!" He snapped his head towards my direction with his eyes gleaming with amusement. Even Liam on the other couch, who by the way I forgot that is even here laughed along with my so called best friend and ex-fiancé.